Cybertron deluxe price ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ILoveDinobot, Mar 29, 2006.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The kaybee where I live sells the deluxes for $14.99 but everywhere else it is $9.99 for a deluxe right? So do all kaybee's sell these toys at a higher price or is it just the Kaybee where I live? It just seems weird to me.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, all KB's jack up their prices...but every now and then you'll find a killer deal there on older figs.

3. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

The Funny thing, wasn't Kaybee sued and they LOST the case about this price jack up.

4. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

Is the Kay-bee in Canada cause thats how much we pay.

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We pay $24 ~ $26 for a deluxe figure :cry 

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last time I was in a KB they were charging $12.99 for deluxes. I don't mind if it's for the exlcusives, but for normal figures... fuck that. Plus the downright terrible distrobution that chain gets makes it so I never even bother going in there.

7. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Liokaiser:

There is no law against marking up 5%, 10%, or 200% or whatever you like over wholesale prices. The lawsuit was over misleading price tagging -- the 'compare to' price did not accurately reflect the price you'd normally pay for the tagged item. For example, a deluxe TF might be tagged '12.99 COMPARE TO 15.99' when a quick look around shows that $10.99 is more accurate.

Although this lawsuit was successful, it was IMHO on very shaky ground, and the only justification it had was that children shop there on their own and might not be aware that the 'compare to' price is high.

Kay Bee is a mall store; their rent is high, their business volume low, and toys are all they deal in. They are, therefore, usually going to mark things up more than others. Look at almost any mall store and they do the same thing on any sort of merchandise. Our local Kay Bee made up for this with some very good sales on Energon, and with a selection of figures that aren't available elsewhere, like E-Demolishor and the Micromaster combiners. That said, I like Toys R Us better.

8. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I thought the lawsuit was about misleading customers by making it look like products were on sale when they actually weren't. Like when RiD Megatron Megabolt came out, the price tag said it was marked down from $14.99 to $12.99 when $12.99 was the standard KB price for a deluxe Transformer.

9. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah. Their tags used to read (for example), "$12.99 WAS $14.99", when the price had never actually been $14.99. After the suit, they changed the tags to include a date which is supposed to be true. E.g., "$12.99 WAS $14.99 on 11/1/05". However, at least in one instance, they still blatantly lie. When I bought either the TFU Protectbots or TFU Constructicons (can't remember which), the "WAS" price was $4.99, and the date listed was 2 or 3 months before they were even released. :stick: 

In my experience, $12.99 is the usual KB price for regular main line Deluxes, while $14.99 is the price for KB-exclusive Deluxes (Energon Demolishor & Cyclonus, etc.).

I have no idea how they stay in business, and it irks me to no end that Hasbro keeps giving them exclusives.

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I have never shopped at a KayBee Toys. I always find what I want at WalMart, Target, ToysRUs, and Ebay also my local Comic shop.

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Yeah the SWTF was selling for $18 at my local KB, but last Xmas I saw a Energon Unicron for $25. Too bad I passed it up I regret it later when I returned and it was gone. :cry 

12. Zylly

Zylly Member

What I don't get, in the general war on prices, is the huge amount of variance in the ulta price class. TRU generally has them for $29.99, while Wal-Mart usually has them about $25.99, and Target seems to have them at $24.99 Never seen that much variance from stores that are usually within cents of each other pricewise.

What makes the ultra-class the odd ones out?