Cybertron Deluxe Megatron & Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey all,

I just wanna say how cool Cybertron Megatron & Optimus Prime are. I will sum
    them up as Masterpieces.and they are the best deluxes in Cyb.,now the reason
    is that Optimus Prime looks wicked riding his surf board (was this due to the
    popularity of Kiss Play Optimus with his surf board,I think it might.)Now for
    Megatron,he is wild,just like his T-rex alt mode,tho as others have said about
    him having a cyber key stuck up his butt,I can over look that,but I don't dare
    display him with a green turd hangin out his A** when displaying him,and never
    will either.So as long as he don't have that up his but he is sweet as hell.

Also I got them today (Friday) at Walmart,and didn't know they had started
    their price cut early (still read $9.87 on the pegs.),so I was surprised when
    they rang up at $7.88 apiece. Now if you find these then get them,they are
    worth $10 apiece,but they are damn worth it for $8 each. Later all.

2. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

It's far more likely that delux prime got the surfboard from Beast Wars Transmetal Optimus Primal, whom formed a surf board from armor around his legs. I just wish they'd called it Primal instead of Prime.

3. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I like them. I'm not sure which versions i like better, but Prime has a little bit more evil look to him so I put pred reprolabels on him. Megatron actually looks less evil to me.

4. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Personally, I believe these are yet another round of useless repaints Hasbro is using to milk more cash out of the Cybertron cow. I prefer to keep them as the characters they were originally intended to represent, Beast Wars Megatron and Optimus Primal.

5. mizuki088

mizuki088 Well-Known Member

Well T Rex Butt missile is kind of my favourite toys.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Actually according to a panel at Botcon they were designed with Cybertron in mind, which is why they had the Cyber key features. Granted I've got the pair of them in their BWX versions, but I've grafted them into the Cybertron continuity as my own characters, Feral Convoy (Animatros Leader Flame Convoy / Scourge deposed to become the leader of the planet) and Predacon (same guy as Armada? Dunno, I used up most of my creativity coming up with Feral)

7. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Well Chocolate Monkey and Veggietron weren't that hot as BWX figures imo and the repaints are kinda lame... but as long as you guys like them, good for you.

8. Single Elegant Machine

They were designed with Cybertron repaints in mind (sneaky Hasbro...) but they were clearly made to resemble the Beast Wars characters.

9. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I saw the Optimus repaint yesterday at Wal-Mart and I gotta say, I'm just not feeling the chocolate monkey. Same goes for the Megatron repaint. I think I'd rather get the BWX versions. Although to be honest I'm planning on getting the BW 2 pack as well. I will say that I did find it cool that on the beast mode for Prime there's this little facial scar over the left eye. Thought that was a cool little detail.

10. Eradicator

Actually, I think Megatron is in a close scheme to Armada Predicon too.

11. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I still wish they had made the repaints into T-Wrex and Apelinq... Hasbro's got 6 Optimus Primes on the shelf right now (LoC, deluxe Armada repaint, deluxe BWX repaint, Classics, Alternators, Galaxy Force) and it just reminds me how much the repaints AREN'T Optimus and Megatron. The last figures of a series are kind of throw outs anyway, might as well have paid homage to a few obscures.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    No, they were not made with Cybertron repaints in mind. Were you at the con? Did you hear what Hasbro said? I was and I did. They created them to be for Cybertron. The idea was to be that Prime and Megatron got hit by some kind of energy from the beast planet and took beast forms temporarily. They designed them to look like Primal and Megatron from beast wars as an homage. They were also pitching the idea of a BW 10th line around the same time. They got the green light, so they moved them to that line instead. Then repainted them for Cybertron to fill out the line.

That's the official story from the mouth of Aaron Archer.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's the funny thing though. Last year, at the con, when they were showing off the BWX guys... I distinctly remember reading postst that said that it was the other way around. That Hasbro had only created them with Cyber Key Gimmicks so that they could be shifted into the main line in a flash if the BWX line didn't go over well. Or was that only fan speculation?

14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I seriously can't get enough of these molds, I bought both of them in both of their color schemes and love 'em to bits. Prime/Primal has got to be the most under-rated mold of the year, he's awesome-tastic-- and he's the only TF that can give a thumbs up!

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cheer up! I know why they named him Optimus PRIME! It's so the rest of the Monkeybots know who leads them!:lol  :wink: 

16. Single Elegant Machine

No I wasn't able to make the con this year, thank you. Excuse me if I worded my post wrong, the main point was that they were made to resemble BW Megatron and Primal, which they were.

17. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Like both molds a lot also. The repaint of Primal into Prime is a lot better in person than I thought, my only problem is finding the Megatron repaint. Today I went to Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Toys R Us in Savannah and a Wal-Mart in Vidalia, Georgia and could not find him.

As for the BWX Primal mold being the only Transformer that can do a thumbs up, I think you forgot about 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro's the "evil mastermind", as in - regardless of WHAT happens, that's the way they planned it to happen from the beginning.

19. Eradicator

That's kinda funny. Here it was the exact opposite. I found the Megatron repaint easily. it took forever to find the first version.

20. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Easily found both at the Winder, GA Wal Mart. If you still need one, PM me.