Cybertron Defense....Crosswise??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Locke, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I was looking at my GF/Cybertron shelf today, and it struck me that Crosswise's head sculpt is very similar to CD Scattorshot. At first, I just considered it an interesting observation, but after thinking about it more, I think it would have been a workable concept.

First, the headsculpt...
    [​IMG]

I would say that that Crosswise matches CD Scattorshot at least as well as the basic Scattorshot. In fact, reverse the gold and black on Crosswise and the transparant green to transparant yellow and they'd be a near perfect match; easily believable as an upgrade.

Second, let's look at the upgrades for the whole CD team...

Hot Shot: Car -> Military Vehicle
    Red Alert: SUV -> Military Vehicle
    Scattorshot: Military Vehicle -> Bigger Military Vehicle ???
    Crosswise: Car -> Military Vehicle

Finally, CD Scattorshot's weapons make sense as an upgrade from Crosswise; Crosswise has hip mounted cannons, a handheld weapon, and his cyber-key gimmick is a set of flip out missile launchers. I'll admit, the basic Scattorshot does match just as well here.

I'm not trying to say that this was the original intent of the designers, but it idoes seem to be an interesting set of coincidences. I know that if Crosswise was ever released in blue/gold, it'd become my new 'civilian' version of Scattorshot. I'd actually be interested in seeing what that would look like if any digibashers would like to give it a try.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Well, your right about the visor and "goggles", everything else just seems a little far-fetched.

Remember, with all the TFs out there, many are bound to look alike.

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    May just be a big coincidence, when you've got just a few guys designing these things some similar things are going to pop up in the style of each one you know?

4. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

There's only so any ways to draw a robot head, dude.

...minus the movie freak shows

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Fixed for ya....j/k dude;) 

I think CD Scattorshot has more in common with the original Scattorshot headsculpt, but thats an interesting observation...I'd love to see a digibash of CD Scattorshot in Crosswise colors.

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    CD Scattorshot was originally supposed to have a blue head, which would have matched original Scattorshot more.

But there wasn't enough space left in the mold for the blue plastic, so it was molded in ocher instead. But then there was no more budget left for the paint operations required for painting the head blue, so it had to stay that way.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info Nevermore, I never knew that. Personaly I think a matching blue head would have been really bland. I'm glad they went with what we got

8. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I agree, I don't think I would have liked the blue head either; another thanks to Nevermore for the info.

As for some of the other comments, I agree that this is a set of coincidences and not any original intent. I just found it interesting that it is easy to associate CD Scattorshot with the original Scattorshot because of the color scheme and the fact we've been told that it's the case. However, had Hasbro used different colors on Crosswise, we could easily be having the opposite conversation with someone pointing out that CD Crosswise looks like Scattorshot because there are a finite number of ways to draw a robot.

9. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Thats quite an interesting observation. Perhaps you could post this in the kitbashing section, i know many would be inspired to actually try it out or to just even digibash it. There is many similarities even if theyre not in the color, the build, the positioning of objects such as the goggles and even that bad ass lookin both haha