Cybertron Crosswise mold

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Am I the only one that can't transform this thing for the life of me? I picked up Jolt yesterday afternoon because I didn't have any version of the mold and it kinda looked nice...

But it's a pain in the ass to transform. I heard about the "Alternators Transformation" beforehand, but that term also goes with the RID Car Bros, whom I have no problems with...

I can get everything lined up except the roof... But I can't find where I'm not getting it lined up at. It just sits there tilted. It was fine when I bought it and I only threw it twice since then, so I don't think it's broken.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the mold because of the fiddly transformation...but I like the RiD Car Brothers a lot....go figure.

Anyway, I usually have to fiddle with the arms when transforming it to car mode...they have to be positioned just right to get everything to line up.

3. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Yeah... It was still worth my $10, though. "Allspark Power Jolt" kinda screams lulz. The difficult transformation was kinda nice after all the "automorph" crap, too.

Speaking of the Car Bros... I should go tighten the joints on Super Sideburn, like I've been meaning to do.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It gets easier after a while. The main problem I had (and still have) is those MFin' hip guns don't wanna go ANYWHERE except on his back. Those and the arms.

I like the mold, hate Crosswise's character but If I do ever see Jolt, DB, Green guy or BIG DADDAH I'm going to pick them up.

5. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Jolt and Big Daddy were SOOOOOO worth it. Divebomb and Grindcore were underwhelming (under-ripe and over-ripe banana duo, anyone?) and I don't regret not getting either. They still had 8-10 Divebombs if I change my mind, but I doubt I will.

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I hate that mold, because of the tranformation. I've got the Smokescreen repaint, and I think I pop one of the quarter panels off almost everytime I transform him.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Yanno, I actually LOVE the mold, and have no problems with it. the hood and windshield click together, which I use to guide the windshield into place... and I use the side fenders to guide the doors into place... and it all fits together pretty well. He's one of my favorite deluxes... I wish I had gotten the Smokescreen repaint... hell, if I could afford em, I'd like the Jazz and oddly colored Ricochet Botcon guys, too. :) 

8. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's why my Jolt has remained in robot mode since I bought it, and will further remain so.

And something to think about: I was just at a collectible show in SoCal on Saturday, and Big Daddy was already going for $20, $25.

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

While I hate it for its fiddly transformation, I hate it more for being ugly as hell. The whole figure just rubs me the wrong way... probably the head and forearms (and how they look contrasted with the rest of the figure) that bother me the most. When I saw pics of him online, I thought he'd be one of my favorite Cybertron figures, but having had him in person I just can't stand the mold. Not a fan of his car mode either... theres just not anything about him that I like, at all.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:

LOLz I never thought of that.

In spite of my dislike of the mold I'm definitely getting Jolt and the other three when I can actually find them. G2 Laser Rod homage FTW!

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jolt is pretty looking, but I always hate wrestling the doors and the rear fender parts past each other.

It almost makes me sad Botcon people (who signed on early enough) are getting a double-dose of that mold, in the form of Diet-Coke-of-evil Jazz, and Red-shirt Ricochet.

12. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Few deluxes come with a gun, a shield, shoulder missles, plus decent looking robot and car modes...

I have Smokescreen. Purple/Grey really fits the cons so I might get Jolt if I see it in a store.

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

A pic would be the best help. But my Smokescreen experience tells me either his arms aren't alighned right or his windshield isn't properly locked into the hood.

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    While sometimes getting the darn hip rail guns to transform back can be a pain, I've never had problems with Crosswise. Though it's funny you mention it, because I almost always have problems with Speedbreaker; it's almost as if that mold just hates me.

As mentioned, I'd check the robot head and forearms to make sure they're not blocking the windshield/roof, and make sure that the railguns are in the doors, the fenders and the doors are aligned, and the windshield and the hood are aligned, sometimes one of those won't be, and that'll be the problem; sometimes you've just got to fiddle with it until it snaps into place.

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    you guys are lousy at transforming.

buy a gobot or something already.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I agree, Crosswise is my All-time favourite transformer charecter,

The toy is a pain in the ass, but the mold is worth it when he's is in his Bugatti mode.

Crosswise
    9/10 nuff said.

17. Ed Bailey

Ed Bailey Must.. spend.. money...

Heh, I picked up the crosswise mold for the first time tonight (Jolt, of course) because I always thought the pics made him ugly. I find it awesome in person and have no issues transforming it, however. One problem is that his left shoulder cannon doesn't sit properly. Its really starting to bother me. Is this a common issue with the mold, or do I have a buggy one? May just take him back if its not a common issue, he has paint problems too (ever since the movie line came out it seems like every figure I've bought has noticeable flaws...).

Oh, and I didn't even think about those being railguns till I read y'alls posts. Official Hasbro instructs never mentioned it.

All in all though, he along with the other Cyb repaints (with the possible exception of Divebomb -- what a craptastic figure) look good on my classics shelf. Hopefully it'll keep me sane till the universe relaunch :D 

18. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Yeah I dig the mold. It took a while to get used to but the side doors are the only hard things really since they have wedge and click on two sides of the rail guns.

The rail guns are ok to deal with since their on very large balljoints. just point them away or push them out to the side until you need them.

as for problems getting the missles to sit tightly on the shoulders I think I had that problem for a bit on smokescreen But just try and secure them at the sametime when you click to reload them into the chamber. After a few activations it fixed itself.

cyber key power!