Cybertron Commander Garage Kit

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bradforj, Jun 15, 2009.

1. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am thinking of producing 25 sets of parts to convert Energon Shockblast into Classics/Universe Shockwave. It will have modified Classics Jetfire arms and recolored parts. This would include having the following parts recast:

Purple: top and bottom chest halves, Jetfire lower arms, Jetfire missiles

Gray/Silver (matching Universe Treadbolt missile launcher): Jetfire upper arms (modified to fit Shockblast shoulders), upper leg parts (front and back), feet, Jetfire right fist, front and back see-through chest panels

This kit will not be cheap considering the number of parts to be recast. It could run $90-$120, I have to work it out with my supplier. This post is a test to feel for initial feedback, to see if I want to proceed. You would need to supply a left arm cannon of your choice to be affixed to the lower left arm (I am not making one because this seems to be something that different people have different tastes on. You would also need some missile launchers from Treadbolt if you choose to use those on the arms. And, of course, you need a Shockblast.

Please reply below if this is something you would be interested in buying. See Transformers Decepticon Shockwave (G1 Laser) if you want an idea of how it will look. Just imagine the chest is silver.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  2. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very interesting!

3. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I'd so buy that. But I don't have Shockblast, so I can't offer my money up... sorry. :( 

4. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

Will the pieces be pre-painted?

5. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

Im interested would love to see pics

6. bradforj

News Credits:

They would be cast in the correct colors. I can't stand customs that are heavy with paint, because they have to be handled with gloves. Thus the reason for this project :) 

7. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm so game for this sure cheaper than commissioning one

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Color me interested. Props for choosing a great figure to make an upgrade for.

But I'm confused... would I need a universe treadbolt to use it?

9. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    So does the cannon asembly for energon shockblast detach easily? Otherwise your garage kit is only going to appeal to people with heavy customizing experience.

10. bradforj

News Credits:
    No, but you will have the option of using Treadbolt missile launchers if you choose to obtain some. The connectors in the recolored Jetfire arms would hold the missile launchers. They are optional and not included, merely compatible.

You simply remove the screw from the back of Shockblast shoulders, insert the new arms you get from my kit, and there you go. New Shockwave arms.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I don't have shockblast and while this is interesting as are the rest of the similar products, the price is too high in my opinion for acessories, especialy seeing as it would cost as much to aquire the figure to use them on, I do however understand the increased costs of the small runs as opposed to a full blown factory produced product and how those costs must be passed on to the consumer,but ill not be buying it

12. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sounds like this would need to come with instructions but still would like to see it

13. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    I would be interested pending pics I suppose. If it looked nice, I would certainly be down for one.

I'm not crazy about the idea of not including a laser end for the left arm. If I'm going to order a custom add-on set, I'd like it to be complete. Why not include one in th eset, and for those that want something different, they would still have the option to use something else.

14. bradforj

News Credits:
    I'm trying to keep costs down. Every part adds $5 or more to the price, so I am hesitant to include a part that may end up used by only 25% of the people getting the kit. I suggest using the end of Shockblast's missile, as it will be discarded otherwise. It looks great as a laser on the arm (I have tried it).

I will not have pics of the final product until the colored parts are made, although I can get some shots of Shockblast sporting my redesigned arms if you wish. Then everyone can imagine how it will look in proper colors.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  15. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm game but I don't have a shockblast... or anyparts you need. maybe if a reissue of the figure is released I would do it.

16. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know ifHasbro would really let this fly but I also don't think they will be singularly hunting you down to stop you either. But just be careful.

And I would say giving Jin some props for inspiration seeing that this seems to be where most of the Ideas are coming from.

17. bradforj

News Credits:
    It requires that you have a Hasbro released Shockblast in order for it to work, so I don't think they will mind. Additionally, I am thinking of reducing the run to 10 kits.

18. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    if ya do make it and it turns out good I'm in.