Cybertron Cannonball

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Grimlock_13, May 3, 2006.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Picked this guy up this afternoon...

All in all, I liked the Red Alert mold. It had some issues, but I think it was a pretty solid toy, thats why I finally broke down and decided to get the repaint. PLus it's a Decepticon and they never make enough of the evil bastards.

The black is a nice contrast to the white on Red Alert...and the 'airbrushed' graphics are so retardedly audatious it's great. I really wish they had've remolded the head and the gun arm (I'm going to have it constantly displayed with the claw since it sort of resembles a hook) but the straight up repaint is ok too...Honestly there's not too much to add...the graphics would probably be the tiebreaker for a lot of people....love 'em or hate 'em....but if you liked Red Alert, you'll probably like Canonball too

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I suppose you could cut the straight 'finger' off the claw arm, and then you have a hook, albeit an articulated one.

3. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Yeah I thought about that last night after I posted the feedback...I might try it and see how it works out and hopefully post pics.

4. ChickenWing

ChickenWing Well-Known Member

Wasn't too impressed with him when I first saw the pictures. but I changed my mind once I read the back of his card. The whole space pirate thing is a little different. I wonder if they will make a few other repaints, make some merry men for cannonball to boss around.

5. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Argh! I want this guy! I love pirates and I'm gonna give him a crew...and maybe a ship....hmmmm....ideas, anyone? I guess there's not too kmuch out therte to scale that I can think of. Maybe get my hands on a USS Flagg and highly modify it (yeah, right).

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    The colors would really have to impress me if I ever see one. I'm not impressed with Red Alert. He's really stocky with bloated limbs, and the car looks uninspired.

7. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Do the legs hold together any better than on Red Alert?

8. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    I've never had any problem with my Red Alert's legs coming apart so I really don't have anything to base it off of, but Canonball's legs seem to stay together just fine.

9. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Well, I got bored one day and assembled a crew for Cannonball to lead. It consists of:

-Cannonball
    -Dark Scorponok
    -Sky Shadow (who is NOT Jetfire)
    -Thrust (Red Cybertron Screamer)
    -Brimstone

I may add Thunderblast, Shortround, Dark Crumplezone and Ransack to the crew....I suppose their ship would be called the Nemesis...

Anyway, back ON TOPIC. I have found that Cannonball does not have the same issues with the legs that Red Alert had. Although I didn't like this repaint at first, once I saw it in the store I just had to have it...very snazzy.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ive held him in hand.

i love pirates as much as the next guy but the skull deco/color scheme is throwing me off.

if they just had a basic/simple jolly roger, black and gold overall wouldve been perfect. arr.

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I think they fixed the problem with Red Alert's legs clipping together while they were still making RA. I had to fix my RA's legs, but Cannonball's legs were fine, out of the box.

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i bought him on a whim. i'm surprised i actually like him. the colors are actually goodawful but it really works with the character given.

[​IMG]

we be pirates! arr!

[​IMG]

yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...ergon?

[​IMG]

"jack, i'm flying!"

"thats CAPTAIN jack, savvy?"

13. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    :lol !

14. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Yep I got CB and he's perfect. Any advice on fixing RA?

15. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Since this is the Feedback Forum I dont think I'm going to be crucified for resurrecting this thread.

Anyway, I grabbed Cannonball tonight at Wal mart via the Black Friday universe Two Pack with Downshift. Nothing absolutely groundbreaking about him. But he is pretty damn cool and definately my favorite of the four guys that I snagged. (Both two packs).

Vehicle Mode:
    Very cool Dodge Magnum-ish thing, everything looks to be good and tight as far as goes panels locking together.

Transformation:
    Unfortunately, this is where he loses a point. Ive become used to the movie asthetic and thus, transforming him was kind of boring. However, I love the way his legs are formed, very creative!

Robot Mode:
    Badass on a stick. Love the tool arms, and the colors work very well together. Guns over the shoulders are very cool, and I think the tool that works best with him is the claw. For such a stout guy, he is rather imposing and tough looking. Definately very nicely designed.

9.0/10.0, Love it, go find one if you didnt like...a year ago.