Cybertron Buzzsaw

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by DarkStar, Dec 7, 2005.

1. DarkStar

DarkStar Well-Known Member

Yuck. D-
    I got this b/c i never got Armada Cyclonus and now i see why. This is one ugly Transformer. The colors belong in an early 80's gay dance club, and he constantly falls over in bot mode, not to mention the fact it is impossible to get his head to look straight ahead. Key gimmick is fairly useless, and a retarded 2 year old could do the transformation. (dont get me wrong, easy transformations are sometimes nice, but in this case its so bad that in copter mode it looks like he's about to sprout legs and walk away.
    plus, the same old "Hidden" DVD. Yippie.
    His only saving grace is the spinning rotors trick. Kinda cool, tho it would help if they actually spun a full 360 degrees.
    Dont buy this thing.

2. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

There have been at least 3 other versions of this toy, and I'd say all of 'em were better in the colors department. I haven't picked up Buzzsaw yet, so I have no idea how well other things transferred over, but with the Armada versions I think they were the best figure for maximizing the "minicon" concept, and I never had a problem with stability. The face scuplt, on the other hand, was always a source of criticism.

3. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

I totally disagree w/ you on this one. IMO, Armada Cyclonus was one of the best molds to come out of Armada (espescially considering it was one of the first released), and while the colors don't really do anything for me, the mold itself is still sweet. The remolded parts are refreshing and make an old mold look new, and the BW Buzzsaw homage is cool, too. And yes, I agree that the cyber key ports are too huge and conspicuous to be really effective design-wise.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd probably like the Armada Cyclonus design a lot more if the legs pegged into place for helicopter mode, and the feet could fold forward (like toe-pointing) to make them look a little more like pods or pontoons or something.

On the upside, Cyclonus probably has the best set of Minicon gimmicks in the entire line.

5. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

the armada version was far better. His interaction with minicons is his best feature which was stripped out for the cybertron remold. Armada cyclonus featured a minicon that transformed into a different nosecone with a pivoting machine gun that moved with the rotors. There was an additional gearbox below that attached to a destruction or adventure team minicon that triggered a gimic as well.

The had was always a problem though.

6. Queen Dork

Queen Dork Banned

theres nothing wrong with the cyclonus mold....mine stands up fine and i love buzzsaw more than cyclonus himself.only cyclonus im missing is the ...ugh kaybee exclsuive(damnit i hate exclusives)

dunno if anyone else has noticed this or not but minicons in micron booster pack 3 that originaly went to cyclonus sideswipe,hoist and blurr....are painted to match the cybertron/galaxy force remolds(with the exception of longrack)

i tried fitting cyclonus minicon onto the front of buzzsaw and he still fits perfectly.....so now i have to get micron booster 3 lol

and gigatron....those features still work i tried them all :thumbs2: 

7. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    anyone have issues with the lower leg guns not deploying with a minicon inserted?

Oh, also, mine came with two slightly different missiles.

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

The ONe and only thing i really love about buzzsaw is that the cockpit still moves and crumplezone can still attach to him. I repainted my crumplezone and the two go together nicely

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

which minicon attached to buzzsaws cockpit other than crumplezone?

10. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    none. only crumplezone (and his repaints) fit there properly. it's not a minicon powerlinx port, it's just the way its designed to work. you can mount pretty much any gear minicon underneath the cockpit.

11. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Finally broke down and bought him today, thinking he would go well with the recolored minicons and micronbooster Crumplezone. Sadly using crumplezone as a cockpit looks absolutely retarded.