Cybertron Brushguard

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Sonscreen, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

This is actually a consolation prize, I was looking for Wreckloose but someone must've nabbed him already so I nabbed this guy.

He's a nice Overhaul repaint (which I never picked up). He's not a bad scout figure but certainly not the best. He would've been awesome if the arm articulation wasn't so hampered.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is his head molded differently than Overhaul's?

3. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

As far as I can tell no. Just the usual different paint apps,

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Personatly, I think hes a great figure, I love Overhaul and I'll love Brushguard. As soon as hes in my local Zellers, I'm getting him. 9/10

5. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Picked him up two days ago in a moment of weakness. Hadn't seen any new TF's in months, so when I found him I got him, even though I find Overhaul one of the most frustrating basics in a long time.

Long and short - I still don't recommend this mold to anyone but a completist. However, if you insist on having at least one, I'd take this one over Overhaul, but just by a hair.

6. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess I'm in the minority of really loving this toy. The colors are just perfect. The mold has it's issues, yeah, but the paint scheme is wonderful. It reminds me so much of the Decepticons from the later years of G1. It's kind of unique without being too insane and over the top. I definitely like this version of the mold better than Overhaul. He makes a great Decepticon.

7. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I've got both versions of the mold. Neat little figure, with a pretty cool alt mode. :thumb 

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Wow I totally thought I'd already posted my feedback here when i first got Brushguard back in December...

The colors are nice, I actually don't have anything negative to say about those, they blend well together, and it fits a Decepticon.

Hoever the Overhaul mold is by far the worst in the Cybertron line, and as the saying goes, a gold plated POS is still a gold plated POS. I mainly just got it because TRU was running that holiday sale and I sometimes can't say no to bolstering my Decepticon ranks.