Cybertron 34 up for viewing at.....

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dirge121, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  2. Optimus_Prime84

Optimus_Prime84 Well-Known Member

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Omg megs said "yeesssss" :p 

4. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Double post. See below. Grr.

5. Autobus Prime

Folks:

I watched it. It was decent filler. A little better pacing would have been appreciated; maybe a little less disregard of classical physics as well. Of course, Anime-Newton never formulated laws, only Suggestions of Motion. "A body at rest probably stays at rest unless acted on by an external force. The acceleration of a body disturbed from rest might be proportionate to the sum of the forces acting on it, or it might not, who knows?"

Those meddling kids did come up with a pretty decent plan. I swear they were trying to
    throw more than a little Scooby-Doo into the dub this episode. 'Now let's see who Megatron REALLY is! --- COLONEL FRANKLIN?' Don't worry, I made up that last bit
    just now...

Sideways sings worse than I do. Nice radio he has there. I thought I was the only
    throwback who still kept his Talking Heads and Midnight Star on cassette tapes.

The show advanced the plot, kept itself from being boring, and gave Sideways plenty of good scenes. It didn't really draw me in like other episodes have from time to time.

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    definately there is a lot of character development for Sideways in the next couple of episodes, he really shows a lot of personality.

There is a lot more personality in these characters that has been added simply by the
    'stupid voices', and 'corny dialogue' that are so often being bashed.

What about the completely random "la, la, la, la..la" in episode 22?

7. Agent Rodimal

Agent Rodimal Banned

Not enough transformers, too much frelling kids. The Soundwave cameo was awesome though.

Out

8. Autobus Prime

Agt. R:

What's wrong with the 'frelling kids'? They're really well-done kids. They talk, and don't just sit around making anime grunts and grimaces. That's good, no? They act their age. Coby and Lori are much more mature than Bud, as they should be, but they're not too old for their age, either, as they should not be. In fact, I'd say that they're more realistic children than most you'll find on American TV, where kids tend to be precocious wisecrack generating plot devices. They actually have 3 different personalities, too. Allow credit where credit is due -- the writers did a fine job with B, L, & C.

Too often we let our knees jerk our minds around, and let prejudices formed previously color our judgment. These aren't the Armada kids, and G1 did have quite a bit of Spike. Let's not forget that Bumblebee was often characterized as a sort of childlike Autobot!

Yeah. And as an aside, let me guess that Lori is about 14, and I am very glad the
    'Lori is hot' jokememe has run its course. It was somewhat uncomfortable, and fortunately, not promoted by the show, which is quite innocent. Dr. Suzuki, now, would be 'hot' in a 'cartoon' way and a 'cute nerdy scientist' way, if she wasn't also delusional in a 'bizarre theories and seemingly random behavior' way. How DID that woman get a degree?

Dirge121, I went back and rewatched ep. 22 ("Trust", right?) and couldn't find any random Sideways singing. I'd like to find it, though...am I looking in the wrong place?

I wonder what Sideways' problem is. I think he has very severe ADHD...

The current arc really is a slow point in the story -- Velocitron, Earth, and Jungle Planet were better. I realized this when I rewatched part of the above episode. With any luck things will pick up soon, but I stand by my earlier remarks...the show is still worth seeing.

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    in the third part, after Megatron asks Starscream where the rest of their troops are, there's a burnt Thundercracker with his nosecone buried in sand, Crumplezone trying to get Ransack out of a tree, Mudflap's bubbles from underwater, and Sideways going 'la, la, la, la la la'

10. Agent Rodimal

Agent Rodimal Banned

Honestly?

*transforms to Rant mode*

They might as well call the show "The Coby, Bud, and Lori Oh yeah and some big robot guys fighting each other show."

I don't care if they act their age, I don't care if they are well written. They should NOT be main characters in the show. Minor characters yes. Main characters no.

And yes I know that this show is written for kids, but so was Beast Wars and Beast Machines, and they didn't have frelling kids hanging around all the time.

The show is called Transformers for god sake. It should be about the big giant robots. Not about the big giant robot leader so worried about three brats that he can't concentrate on fighting the other big giant robot leader.

Like it or not, since Beast Machines, the transformers in the shows are the secondary characters and the humans are the stars.

rant over.

Out