Cybertonian Speech [Slight Spoiler]

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

In the script there are a few lines spoken in "Cybertonian" - I had a thought pop into my head, might Cybertonian speech sound like the old transforming sound? Could this be what they meant when it was rumored that said sound could appear in the movie?

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    That would be pretty cool, I'd prefer that over having the sound when they actually transform, as that would just be unrealistic...

3. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I think that would sound stupid. I say make it Modem sound, like the WebRiders in ReBoot.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Yes, let's save "the sound" for the transformations. I second the modem type sounds, makes sense.

I've been thinking, wouldn't you think robots that advanced wouldn't need speech at all? Why wouldn't they use some sort of super advanced Wi-Fi signal to communicate? Seems like that would be a lot more efficient. I suppose keeping "dead air" would be important too (speech may be required for covertness), so their speech would probably be as quick and efficient as possible, therefore something like super fast modem tones would probably be used. You can fit a lot more information into those tones than you can spoken words.

Either way, it will be interesting to hear.

5. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

I would think that if they did communicate through Wi-Fi signals, that secrets could, and would be intercepted on all signals. Just like in Beast Wars with coordinate wi-fi transfers, and then the Maximals wised up and started using scramblers, so maybe it could work, I dont know, too much detail to be worked into a movie possibly?

6. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Actually, I'd wager this is more of a "sound in space" thing. Sure they probably wouldn't need to verbally communicate at all, but if they didn't, even in Cybertronese or whatever, it would just be robots standing there looking at each other...which I suppose might work if this were a TF:Armada movie.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's a lot like what I imagined. How Cybertronian sounds probably depends on how much they want to play up "robot" versus "alien".

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    from the feb. draft

"Frenzy* LEAPS up. And now the Decepticons speak in a SONIC BURST OF PERCUSSIVE LANGUAGE, the alien tongue of Transformers:"

i dont think id want it to be the original TF'ing sound. Its too iconing and would seem severely out of place [much like the matrix being called "teh energon kube" but i digress]

Murphy said the TF sound would be in the transformations [maybe not as prominent as we all know/remember] but he said itd be there IIRC

*name changed from soundwave to frenzy