Minor/Repaint: Cyberjets Hooligan and Strafe

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Giga Leo, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The cruelest of all practical jokesters...
    [​IMG]

I'm pretty happy with the way the robot mode turned out, I removed Cyclonus' horns, filled in the gaps and remolded the face.
    [​IMG]

Jet form
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Strafe
    I really liked the way Skyfall/Skyjack's colors looked when applied to the Universe Silverbolt mold, and figured it would work just as well for another Cyberjet.
    [​IMG]

Mostly a straight up repaint, I only modded the head to get the Cyberjet look.
    [​IMG]

Jet mode
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still have a few extra Cyclonus figs laying around, so I'm debating whether or not to make one into the Cyberjet Jetfire.

Attached Files:

2. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

I'd say the only thing I'd change is perhaps filling in the gaps on Cyclonus' helmet, so that the visor looks a little more like a visor. At the moment it looks too much like a blank face.
    Never seen a Cyclonus painted like Hooligan, though, so that's already cool. :D 
    Can't say there's anyuthing wrong with Strafe. Colours are super clean and well done on both. :) 

3. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the feedback Slothboy! I was debating whether or not to fill in the helmet gaps, but wound up liking the blank face look more than I thought. I'll have to photoshop in the gaps and see how that looks :) 

Glad you like Strafe as well! My first thought was to order two of Venksta's conversion kits and just paint the helmet green, but I forgot that the Cyberjets actually did have differently shaped helmets. It would have been nice to get a clear yellow visor on there, but I think the flat sculpt works just as well.

4. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    I like your color selection. It is most appropriate. And on top of that, it is clean and crisp. Well done.

5. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    Make it look less gappy. It's just a sliver of glass. That's his face. So just a flat orange piece and it'll be great

6. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Those are awesome! I especially like Hooligan.

7. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you! I was debating whether or not to tape off the sections that were going to be striped and chamo, but wound up doing it freehand. I'm glad it appears to have worked.

That's another vote for closing the gap! I did a quick digibash of those sections closed in, what do you and Slothboy think?
    [​IMG]

Thanks! Working on him really made me appreciate how much mileage they could still get out of the Cyclonus mold.

8. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

How about trying a thin red frame around the visor? That way the gaps are there to seperate it as a face, but it also looks like part of the helmets structure. Right now I think the photoshop is looking a little too undefined in that respect. :) 

9. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Interesting. Definitely not thing I would have considered.

10. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Great to see you post these guys! How'd I miss Strafe when I was visiting? Must have thought he was stock ;) 

11. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Damn, I wanna see you do a Space Case next!

12. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    Filling it in would definitely help :) 

13. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice work!

14. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good idea, giving the outline a bit of a lip might help give it more of a helmet feel. Thanks for the suggestion!

Awesome, I always try to aim for customs that (hopefully) no one else has thought of... at least, no one I'm aware of.

Thanks buddy! I thought you saw Strafe, he was stomping on custom G2 Jetstorm and sticking a gun in his face
    [​IMG]
    But there was a lot going on in that shelf, so it would have been easy to overlook him :) 

I've still got a couple of Cyclonus figs, so he's definitely a possibility! If only that credit card Cyclonus was cheaper, he'd make a perfect base since the major parts are already molded white.
    I'll definitely be applying the helmet suggestions to that custom if I get around to him in the near future.

I'm inclined to agree! I'll have to amend this custom and/or apply it to the next Cyberjet.

Many thanks!

Attached Files: