Cybercon Expo - Post Show Thoughts and Feelings

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by imported_Tony_Bacala, Jul 31, 2005.

1. imported_Tony_Bacala

imported_Tony_Bacala Guest

Hey Guys,

Use this thread to talk about all that was Cybercon Expo 2005. Thoughts, feelings, good times, bad times, things that ruled and things that sucked.

Pics galore going up here and Cyberconexpo.com soon.

Later!

2. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

Like I told you in person, I liked the venue, but the city was a poor chioce.

Highs:
    finally got a Yokuryu
    met some old and some new faces

lows:
    my Ratchet and Skullruncher tail got stolen
    inconsiderate suppliers hurt my sales

3. Crossblades

Crossblades Combiner fan

The show was great, but I felt that it didn't live up to the hype

4. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

That was the best show I have been too yet :D  !!! I couldn't go to Botcon last year but this year made up for it. I loved hanging out with you guys. I can't wait to do it again. The room was nice and spacious so that was good. The location was good offering many places to go if you wanted to hang out at other places around the neighborhood. The Cullen panel and TF:TM panel was great too. I wonder how you are going to top this one next year? I have to upload all our pics and cullen video later. Right now I'm tired and sore from all the work that I did but heck it was WAAAAAYYYYY worth it :D  !!! I'd be on the staff any day for your shows.

More voice actors or special guests would be nice for the future but I know that is a limited request. I really can't complain one bit about this show. I'm a little surprised that there wasn't more art entries for the contest, there were tons last year. Oh BTW congrats to King Starscream (Johnny) for winning the art contest :thumb  . And Tony's new cd is awesome as always. :dj 

I didn't want to leave but sadly all good things must come to an end. I'll always remember the laughs we shared and the good time we had. :) 
    -Luisa

5. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    First, let me thank those of you who made this possible, you know who you are :wink: 

This was a great experience for me. I enjoyed being a voulunteer and helping out. And even tough I met Peter Cullen at Botcon last year, This time was just as awesome.
    It was geat meeting you guys and hanging out.
    I loved every minute of it and I can't wait for the next one!
    -Gary

6. StarscreamNX

StarscreamNX Starscream Rules!

I loved the show, It was awesome!! My 1st ever convention, I had a blast and enjoyed every bit of it, especially The Peter Cullen (Optimus) Panel. The only thing that sucked was when I won the last door prize on Saturday, Some of my Starscream Bust Statue art was misplaced. If anyone seen or has the 2 peices of art from Dan Khanna; could you notify me at decepticon1701@comcast.net. I will never get over the 2 peices of Starscream art, as He is my all time Favorite. I'm hoping there is an honest Fellow Transformers Fan out there who found it and would kindly notify me at the soonest. Just put yourself in my Place, you would be doing the same. Thanks Very Much. Hope to here from someone soon.

7. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I had a great time at the show. Though I wish more dealers had Galaxy Force stuff. I'm surprised no one was selling anything Cybertron. If Hasbro would have sold me that Overide, I would have bought it in a heart beat. It was awesome to meet Sonscreen, CyclopoVision, Drapstrip, Optimus Scourge, Arcee and Overkill. That made it all worth wild, meeting fellow board members.

8. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    It was great.

The highs were the great selections from all the dealers, and both the TF:TM panel with Paul and Marc's TF Profiles panel. The friendly staff (woot) and the location was perfect. That diner across the street is going to get some mad props from Colorado, that stuff was GOOD and for a good price. The Mega-Give-Away was just orgasmic, seeing all those Binaltechs up together.

The lows was that it was a buyer's market, meaning everything you could want was there, and for dealers, it was a pricing competition to just MOVE your product, let alone sell out of the good stuff. I mean, BT Prowls were still there at the end of the show and I thought for sure they'd sell out. Also, the Dreamwave panel was just dead. Joe and Alex were fine -- stand up guys who did sketches for nothing and were very friendly with everyone. But I think having James and Adam there was kind of a waste. They refused to talk about things they were going to do in the belief that they'll work on Transformers in the future and get paid for these stories, and the new stuff they were doing they couldn't talk about because it wasn't finalized in stone yet. The panel was one big Q&A that, for the time I was there anyways, felt like it was a cut and paste of the last 4 DW panels over various conventions.

The Cullen panel wasn't a full hour either ... only about 45 to 50 minutes. It just seemed so short. It was a good panel. You told me before not to compare stuff to other conventions, so I won't compare this panel to last year's Botcon panel, but I think you'll know what I'm talking about just when I say that :) 

That, and there wasn't enough Twin Twist bashing.

9. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

Really? I was kicking one around,as I paced behind my table.

10. Overkill

Overkill Awesome Cassette Warrior

This was my first TF convention. It was a lot of fun once I got to meet some people to talk to (King Starscream, Liokaiser, Kid Convoy, Tom, and other's I can't remember right now)
    The only thing I think could have made it better was name tags and a holding room where you could check in your hauls for a small fee till you were ready to go home.

11. Judgment Day

Judgment Day Energon Extractor No.533

Glad to see that everyone had a good time. Also impressed that Bacala is willing to accept constructive criticism to make future conventions even better.

Sorry I couldn't be there especially considering that I was really pushing for a convention in July. Everyone who knows me on these boards ( uh...all 5 of you :lol  ) is aware that we'll meet again. I love Transformers Conventions, since going to Botcon 2002. Gotta hit a Cybercon sooner or later. See ya.

PS: Optimus Scourge picked up my package as requested. Thanks again on that too. Can't wait to hear the latest cuts...!

12. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry you don't like NYC Octane, but for NYCers without cars like me it was a fabulous opportunity. I spent as much money as I could because I really want the next Cybercon to be in the city again (or at least in the general vicinity accessible to public transportation).

The Good
    The interaction with other fans was awesome. I met Chesspieceface, Elvin, Prof Coldheart, Unicron, Kickback, Arcee, Optimus Scourge, TOM, Liokaiser, Crossblades, zerof, Tony Bacala and a few others. I even begged Rik to autograph one of my books. :)  Sorry if I missed anyone!

I saw some guys dressed as Spike, Sparkplug, Optimus Prime, and the Baroness.

The movie panel rocked. Paul needs to come back!

Of course the great Peter Cullen was there too!

The Bad
    There were a few weirdos (the ones that muttered to themselves or complained about everything). There were two knuckleheads making noise during the Dreamwave panel.

The thief that stole a Binaltech Prowl from Tony (the dealer next to Paul). I can't believe a TF fan would do that.

It seemed like the energy level died on Saturday. It seemed more exciting on Friday.

I was surprised no one snagged the $900 MIB Gand Maximus, that seemed like a great deal.

The Ugly
    Super Megatron and Tony B threatened to ban me unless I bought some comics. :p 

Some suggestions for next year. Maybe the prize giveaways could be consolidated and alternated with the panel discussions? For example:

Prize A 1:00PM
    Panel 2:00 PM
    Prize B 3:00 PM

It would suck if someone won but was sitting in a panel and couldn't claim it.

Maybe offer an incentive to grab more dealers. I can't compare this to other TF shows as this was my first one but I was expecting more variety.

Overall a fantastic job!

13. Crossblades

Crossblades Combiner fan

It was great meeting you too, Sonscreen :D 

I hope this inspires you to come to more Cybercons, whether you have car or not :) 

14. Botch

Botch Decepticon Intelligence

Ebay:
  15. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

I'm still processing all the pics I took (took over 600 pics but narrowed it down to around 400), So I'll be posting my full thoughts a bit later. However, a certain fan stopped me in the street and proceeded to hit me with a baseball bat, then stole all my money and clothing. If you know who he is, let me know. Here is a picture of the guy:

[​IMG]

:D 

16. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I think I banned him at the Convention.

17. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, there were a few low points. The stolen piece of art, the stolen BT Prowl from Tony Preto's table, and the rather loud fanboy bantering that seemed to follow in every sense of the word. I think the Dreamwave panel suffered from the start due to no microphones (couldn't be helped) and the overall lack of "Uh, what do we do?" instructions, but that can't be helped as things got pushed back due to an untimely PA Armenian prayer earlier in the morning.

There was one kid who kept running on stage, especially during the Cullen autographs that just really egged me. He'd run up just to ask a question in the middle of a presentation. Please, if you're going to bring children, control them better so they at least understand that they're *NOT ALLOWED ON STAGE*. The only people on stage at any given time were volunteers, or when we moved the art gallery to the stage to get more attention to it (congrats Johnny on the win for your 20 Years of Prowl drawing).

I got a laugh when Rik was trying to think of a trivia question involving Peter Cullen and Johnny yelled out "Optimus Prime!" ... Rik was laughing so hard he couldn't help but give Johnny one of the autograph-used pens for the answer. That really pissed off the fanboys :) 

18. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

I really didn't like 3 things:

long walk to the hotel
    traffic patterns, one ways and the volume
    a pack of smokes was $ 7.50!! :banghead: 

The Baroness was not a guy.

19. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

Thanx I appreciate the plug. I would also like to thank you for assistance with loading and directions to Jersey, even though we were going to CT. :thumb 

20. TOM

TOM From one hood to Yours

Ebay:
    I liked meeting those of you that I have never met before And it was good seeing those that I knew. I had a good time. Yea it seemed to have no energy on saturday. i made best of it.I got a MIB Scorponok at the end. :)