Cyber Stomping BumbleBee and a Birthday

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Prowl, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, so it's my son's second birthday. I took him out to eat pizza and then I took him to Toys R Us to let him pick out what he wanted.

As soon as we entered and he saw the Transformer movie display, he started saying "Bumblebee" since I had previously bought him the little fast action (pull-back and transform BB) and he recognized all the hundred billion toys of BB. So he points at the Cyberstomping BB and I pick that and some other toys for him. On the way to the checkout, he's playing with BB, completely ignoring the other toys. Of course, I'm proud as hell that out of all the toys he's surrounded by, Bumblebee is his favorite; hell while I type this he's going crazy pushing every button on him.

On a side note, I really want to buy myself one lol. I think he's a kick ass little toy (or big), and the thing that sold me on him is that after you push the button and he starts playing the TF theme song, he remains quiet and his eyes remain glowing blue... and then very slowly they dim, almost like Prime's did in the original movie. It's creepy and cool at the same time.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I'm just proud of my son, and happy that this movie came just in time for him to recognize Transformers, even if it's just Bumblebee right now, hehe.

2. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I think u just made want to get him too

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh the other thing about him, is that he has a face, like oldschool BB, so it's a mix of the old and the new.

4. TYS

TYS Autobot

That's really cool,

It's great I think when your kids are interested in what you are into yourself,
    My 9 yr old daughter is very interested in the new movie as well,she's already wanting a Bumblebee as well:wink: 

I had a similar experience a number of years ago in my local ASDA,this is a supermarket in the UK owned now by WALMART however my son went to pick a toy and came back asking/pleading with me to let him have an X-wing fighter from Star Wars,brought a lump to my throat,

I think we are a very lucky generation of 30 somethings who's children are lucky enough to have the same interests as we had, I think the generation gap has definitely shortened between us and the kids,

Sorry for the long post but your story really struck a chord Windcharger:cool: 

5. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I got him and I think he's awesome. Loud, too. :D  Normally I don't care for non-transforming stuff, but anything that makes loud noises, has optic glow and plays the first-season TF theme song I just can't resist.

6. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I actually got him for my Birthday and I think he's awesome! I've been thinking about picking up the Prime just because I like BB so much...

7. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

prime is cool aswell, i have him, i love him! "I AM OPTIMUS PRIIMMEEE!" "Autobots Transform and Roll out!" its sweet! :thumb 

8. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got my son the Bumblebee too. He's too young for it now. Save it for when he's a little older. Cool toy.

9. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

LOL, the first transformer I gave my son that he could do himself was my old G2 Bumblebee. I remember after I gave it to him a little while later he came back and was so proud of himself for transforming him without daddy helping him. Now he can do several of the transformers I've gotten him without my help.

Generational gap be damned, I love being able to share my interests with my son.

Oh, but on another note, why is it that it seems everyone first favorite character is Bumblebee? lol

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Nice story, and smart kid :) 

Thinking about getting Prime & Bee and displaying them with some Gundams since they share the big feet syndrome.

11. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

QFT

I got a TF feature shop right behidn the service desk at work. I started to walk over and play with the cyber stompers and after hearing BB play G1 theme I was stoked. I'm tempted to buy one but I'm pretty sure I can hold off. Sides who knows WTF my g/f would say.