Cyber Battalion Sideswipe and Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Mar 4, 2018.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    If that's the case, they should stop doing ANYTHING other than Deluxe class. The Deluxe Insecticons were sizewise at eye level with most of the Diaclone Autobot molds, but we got Chop Shop that stares into Prowl's navel. People seem to be selective with their precedents here. I'll go ahead and predict that it's going to go down just like Galvatron. We get a Deluxe, "Needz moar voyagurrrrr!!!!1!!!" shouts the fandom, Hasbro releases voyager, and no fucking lie there are posts almost immediately after he's released saying "He's too small, he should have been Leader class."

G1 doesn't need to be repeated wholesale 24/7. If that was the case, buy only G1 toys or the reissues. If you're going by what was on the Sunbow cartoon, then throw out any Megatron that isn't a Walther P-38. There are dozens of disparities between the toys and the cartoon. Hell, even between the toys and the comics. It's part of putting these toys out in the first place.

So, yeah, maybe entitled WAS the correct term. I should have given your post more credit...

• Like Like x 2
  2. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    It may come as a shock to you, but the fandom isn't a hive mind. We have different opinions and tastes in our little plastic robots. If one part(ANY part) of the fandom gets exactly what they want, here WILL be another part of the fandom that hates it.

That goes for any fandom, not just Transformers.

You should not be pointing this out like the fandom is contradicting itself, because it isn't. Because we're still individuals.

That said, I hope that most people of any fandom gets what they want. I know, that kind of wish has a zero chance of ever happening, but I just want my fellow fans to be happy. :( 

• Like Like x 2
  3. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    In other news: water boils at 100 degrees Celsius at sea level.

I'm aware that diversity exists in the fandom, but there is still a hive mind current that runs through. ANYBODY who dislikes something that the collective will be strong armed into defending themselves. Nobody has to explain why they like TFA or BW, for instance. But EVERYONE who does NOT like it are indeed forced to explain it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 27
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  5. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Okay, now THAT is a CHUG Shockwave...

• Like Like x 8
  6. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That Shocky is a must have. I love the Sixshot-like alt mode, even the wings are similar

I have Cyber batallion Prowl, he is in no way KO quality. The plastic is pretty strong and he has ratcheting joints, a really solid mold all in all.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

That's a Shockwave I could use.
    Looks all right, scales all right and at the price those were intended at the hollowness doesn't bother that much.
    Too bad it'll be a real pain in the back to find in US or EU... Just like other Cyber Battalions.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Timesynch

Timesynch I still function! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's a good looking Shockles.

• Like Like x 1
  9. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Seriously, if this is anything like the OTHER figs from that line, every Walgreens across the US will be swimming in them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yaujta

Yaujta ANUTFORAJAROFTUNA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Beautiful!
    Confirms that lack of knees and no upper arm swivel.
    Easy enough to fix.

And the Cyber Battalion line is NOT KO quality, as the ones I have are pretty damn solid and have robust joints. They may not have MP-level engineering, yet they are still fun.
    But hey, when have facts ever stopped some people here from aimlessly whining about it.

• Like Like x 6
  11. King Glurch

King Glurch Damnit, Starscream!

YouTube:
    Holy shit. That Shockwave looks awesome. I don’t even care if he doesn’t have knees. That can be fixed. I’ll probably try to get him and Cyberverse Shockwave.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

There are no Walgreens in EU and countries here usually aren't considered budget market by Hasbro...

So it's either a slight chance of being lucky with few discount chain stores, or finding it online without overpaying.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Too bad there's apparently no knees, but otherwise the look and size work quite well. I may have to pick one up.

14. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, so best case scenario is that Walgreens gets Shockwave and Sideswipe and they also include Megatron and Starscream in the case packout.

Considering Bumblebee and Prime were wave 1 and included with the wave 2 Jetfire and Prowl, I am hoping this will happen. I have no interest in the Cyber Battalion Grimlock and I am thinking since Megatron and Starscream are "evergreen" characters, it would make perfect sense to include them.

15. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

So, is it confirmed that there is no knee articulation in Shockwave, cause Sideswipe looks like he got them knees...and I really like that Shockwave.

16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

The interior of the leg looks like it doesn't. I wonder how hard it'd be to add one?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yaujta

Yaujta ANUTFORAJAROFTUNA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A number of us added knees to Starscream, so I'm guessing Shockwave will probably be established as well. The plastic is thick enough for modding.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Is it possible for some shapeways guy to make some knees that peg in where the mushroom peg does? Even if it adds half an inch to his height...that would work if it doesnt effect the transformation

• Like Like x 5
  19. Chainlink

Chainlink Glasses Girl

God that's a gorgeous Shockwave. Damn shame about the apparent lack of knees. I did see someone who modded CB Starscream with some Bionicle balljoints, so it should be easy enough to do the same with Shocky. Just cut that area and glue in the joint.
    Now giving him bicep swivels... That seems a bit more difficult as I'm not an experienced customizer.
    EDIT: Oh, duh. Just cut out the hinge and give him ball jointed elbows.

So these guys are available in Walgreens I hear? Are there any online retailers that have them?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Not perfect but pretty damn good. This will be CHUG Shockwave.

• Like Like x 2