Cyber Battalion Sideswipe and Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

no knees wouldn't be so terrible if it had thigh swivel.

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

It DOES have thigh swivel. Look at where the thighs join at the knees. It's either a slot/nail head type joint or a mushroom peg like the wheels that everyone rails against recently.

I'm still amused at how people are expecting these things to be MP or CHUG level engineering. They're basically scaled up Legion figs. THESE, honestly, were probably even Legion designs from back when they were doing dedicated Legion sized CHUG figures during Uni 2.0 and RTS. This isn't a new concept, they did the exact same thing with the TFP Legion figs being scaled up to Deluxe. I don't know why people can't put those two things together...

• Like Like x 2
  3. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the people that are mad at a budget toy being a budget toy are unreasonable, but I can understand being disappointed that the best looking Shockwave that could concievably interact with a mainline Classics collection not having knees. I mean, the Megatron from this line has knees and works as a nice substitute as a Classics Megatron. Just woulda been nice, you know?

• Like Like x 2
  4. G1Prowl

Grace Park falling out of the sky and into my lap would be nice as well, but I don't expect it. This wasn't MEANT to be CHUG Shockwave, it just works as one. The problem is that, once again, people are wanting a Shockwave at voyager size with 90 points of articulation with no kibble in bot mode and no panels in alt mode covered over every square inch in paint for $5 US. THAT is the dream. THAT is pretty much the fandom entitlement in a nutshell. You could also sub in Seekers, Ironhide/Rachet, Trailbreaker/Hoist... okay, we'll just say damn near EVERYONE except the Minibots who MUST be Legends class so help us Primus.

Unless, of course, it's a Fansproject toy, then it's $100 for a scout class Stunticon with far more compromises.

• Like Like x 2
  5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It has a mushroom peg at the knee, a thigh swivel would be redundant would t it

• Like Like x 1
  6. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I find it personally disappointing that Hasbro has once again shown it can make a great looking Shockwave toy for another budget line, but can't seem to do the same for their main Generations line where a mold like this would have had the articulation budget to be able to shine.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    If it gets a US release at Walgreens it'll be $17. If it doesn't, you'll have to pay a significant markup to import it from Asia.

• Like Like x 1
  8. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus The Unknown Member

So the main question this figure poses to me (or doesnt pose, haha) is why Hasbro are determined to make every version they can of this really popular character except for a nice accurate articulated version of the original one?

Its either too small (CW), too cheap (this one), doesnt look like the character (Animated) or has a dumb alt mode (Energon).

The TF Prime cartoon version was the coolest one so far but still not quite right. I guess they are just too afraid of making a "gun toy" these days, so we'll probably never get a nice official voyager version of him.

Rats!
    Cant they just make him a gun but turn him upside down in the official photos and call him a space sailboat like they did with Sixshot?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. G1Prowl

Apply this post to blue Bluestreak, and you feel my paint. When I collected G1 still, no blue Bluestreak from ANY of the reissue lines. Universe mold? Nope. Legion class mold? Nope. What'd we get? A spychanger, a Kreon, a TFP toy, a CW limb, and the MP. It's the closest thing to swaying me to collect MP in the first place.

And if you swing cartoony looking, the Cyberverse one is as close to GEEWUNNY as you can get without going MP. THIS one is a good toy, from the looks of it. Does it contort to the level of Classics Mirage? No. Does it evoke Shockwave? Yep.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Will I call him Windswipe or Sidecharger?

Shockwave doesn't look too bad. Aren't these like Voyager size?

11. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus The Unknown Member

Yeah, but thats whats so frustrating about this toy! Its sooooo close to being great, you can clearly see what might have been had they just made it for the regular line instead of just being a kiddie chew toy, so the reality of it is all the more annoying.:rolleyes: :D 

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Getting a bit sick of \"tiny\" Shockwaves.

• Like Like x 1
  13. analogue

analogue Logically Illogical

Although I am glad we didn't get a voyager Shockwavein the Power of the Primes line. Imagine a Shockwave covered with stickers that's a combiner torso... shudder.

• Like Like x 4
  14. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon Noise and Smoke

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Is it weird that I don’t like the look of Shockwave’s head here? I prefer the one the Cyberverse figure has with the angry brow on his forehead.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Damn right to that.. Would it kill people to put out one Voyager sized generations Shockwave? One??

• Like Like x 1
  16. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    I too am frustrated by Hasbro's seeming reluctance to do a CHUG Shockwave at the voyager price-point. Sometime I think they are trolling us on that particular point. *lol*

However, I do like what they have done here. I'll pick up a couple of these if I can, and add knees to one of em.

17. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I prefer the neutral look. I don't think Shockwave would be angry. Seems illogical to cloud your actions with emotion.

Same with Rodimus. Now we got him in every size class except Voyager. Just like Shockwave we got him in every size except in the one size we really want.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    to be fair, with rodimus, the leader rodimus prime does come with a hot rod that is larger than deluxe, you just have to pay leader prices for it

• Like Like x 1
  19. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Yeah, but they don't look good in either mode. And I would never buy a whole leader class figure just to have the inner bot.

20. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    fair, personally i dont much like the looks of that hot rod