Cyber Battalion Series Found at Walgreens

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

Seems our own @TheGame2K5 saw it today as well, along with a BB, not sure which Walgreens location.

3. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My store is in Illinois, about 20 min outside of St. Louis. We also got in a Bumblebee.

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet. Looking forward to finally grab a few of these. I think they're perfect level for my kid too

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    May actually have to get a few of these for my nephew.

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    That actually looks kinda good.

7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, doggone. Guess I'm stopping at some Walgreens today. My local one is currently in the middle of a reset. They're actually moving product from aisle to aisle instead of just refurbishing what's already there. Bound to be a bunch of new stuff, come Christmas.

8. AnnoyedRobot

AnnoyedRobot Well-Known Member

More!

9. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Statistically, people enjoy 25% of what I say! :D

I'll wait for more confirmation before I stop believing this was a one-off case accidentally sent to the wrong place! :lol 

Even if Walgreens were carrying this, we have no confirmation that it's NOT a CA-Exclusive. Lots of stuff pops up in CA... but there's little mention when it doesn't show up anywhere else. :( 

10. stad

stad Well-Known Member

This was reported by Walgreens employee yesterday at 7:55 PM.

11. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

Why are these a thing? I kinda figured they'd be less than a voyager class figure...

12. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $16.99 is $8-13 less than a Voyager figure.

• Like Like x 5
  13. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like these below?

In Missouri

And Illinois

• Like Like x 1
  14. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Am I the only one who thinks this figure looks better than that POTP Starscream?

At first glance anyway....

• Like Like x 3
  15. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

I have a hard time understanding ( plenty actually ...but) how t5hese slot in to the current CHUG/ TR lines. It says they are 7 inch but the front page mentioned legends class as a comparison and the GIS I did suggests they have legends or or even legion looking sculpts. & inch suggests almost a delux size but if we have deluxe why also have these, then there is the packaging. Why are these in boxes not blister cards, not complaining , again just trying to understand how these are supposed to fit with our current classes and characters. The prowl does look kind of nice but with the terrible distribution here he will be the last one I ever find if I ever find any. I have still never seen a Brainstorm in a Walgreens and I have checked almost a dozen several times. Sort of an aside gripe but why in the hell Walgreens insisted on securing Brainstorm away from the rest of the world as THEIR exclusive at their insane markup and then packed him one per case with the regular TR Deluxe cases is unimaginably ******ed...it is like they WANTED to peg lock their shelves with overpriced toys available at literally dozens of nearby retailers insuring that only one Brainsorm ever makes it to any one store. those ($19.99?) Deluxes will be sitting there 4 years from now. If they were going to insist on extorting that price from collectors by securing that character they should have at least sent out full cases of him.

16. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Super glad these are making it out to a wider audience. I've always had my eye on them but paying $25 plus import shipping for toys specifically designed to be budget-price seemed to defeat the purpose of them.

the general idea is that you pay Deluxe price for a Voyager-scale figure and you pay Voyager price for a Leader-scale figure. basically it's hasbro stretching their dollars as far as they'll go to make something simple and chunky for little kids. it's a step between Rescue Bots and RID stuff, in essence.

Kid wants a Transformer, but doesn't want a "little kid" one like a Rescue Bot or an RID? Afraid a Generations might be too complex for the kid? Get 'em a Cyber figure. They're little kid toys in "big kid toy" clothing.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

To me, Cyber Battalion Seeker mold looks really good for what it is (and there's also a thread in the Radicons subforum showing how easy is to articulate it - basically cut the limb, glue in a Bionicle joint inside and call it a day).

Pity that they're so hard to find because their simplicity and sturdiness makes them a great custom fodder, but those figures aren't worth paying more than their retail price.

Sooo not going to hunt on ebay and pay scalper prices for them only to have a good looking Starscream or Jetfire (or a base for a custom G2 Meg).

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I wish the Optimus mold would get a rerelease, maybe with a few extra paint aps.

19. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

Gotcha, thank you that's pretty6 much the explanation that I was looking for and between having a 2 and a 6 year old and having the mind of a 9 year old These might just be perfect for me. Plus I'm cheap and love things to be as big a scale as possible.

Which characters are there in the Leader size?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I'm a big fan of these. They look decent and are pretty well made and they're all huge for the price. I'd love to see the next mainline ditch the Warriors/Three-step lines and just replace them with something similar to this.

$10 for a nice 6" figure. This would be perfect for the Mini Autobots and all the smaller scaler figures.

$17 for these as the "main" range.

$25-30 for the Commanders. Perfect size for the major leaders and the other larger characters.

Now imagine them doing Combiner limbs of this size and durability at this price range? Then the torsos of the same scale as the Cyber Battalion Commanders? That would be a huge team. Kids would eat this up.

Collectors still have Generations and Masterpiece, so I don't wanna hear any grumbling.

• Like Like x 1