CybCon 2009 Event Details

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by GregGaub, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is why I'd say it's worth it :) 

/free plug

2. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It's totally fun dude. I've gone the last three years in a row, and it's a blast. Hang out, meet some fans, eat some pizza, buy some toys, get second place in the transforming contest (so close!), and just have an overall good time.

3. necrotron

necrotron Nucleon Abuser

It's worth it. I've been there every year since... 2002(?) and I have to drive from Oregon to get there. Five bucks (or ten at this point) is nothing, really. There are still a lot of great people who collect Transformers, and it took a show like Greg's to realize that for me. So for your ten bucks, you get to attend the show, eat some pizza, possibly win some really cool swag, and meet people who are in your region that share your interests.

4. GregGaub

GregGaub Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love to read people's opinions and experiences at CybCon this year. If you went, please post about it. :) 

5. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    I went and it sucked, my wallet dry that is. Heh heh lot's of fun, lots of really good deals in a variety of TF flavors too. Saw most the regulars, missed seeing richard, hope everything is well with the matters he needed to attend to. If you guys were around and didn't go, you definitely robbed yourself of a great time.

6. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    This is our 2nd time Miasboytoy and I attended CybCon, are we the only Canadians again? :p  The convention is growing and it was a great experience to meet some fellow board members. Only having 8 hours of sleep prior to CybCon drained me a bit, I wish I could have met more of you guys.

Atmosphere was great, lots of events happening, good eats, and great people!!!

Greg, HUGE PROPS for putting on a great convention :thumb 

7. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    oops double post

8. bombatron

bombatron adobocon

News Credits:
    this was my first cybcon and i had a blast! it was great to match faces with fellow board members and it was also nice to meet other members from vancouver (canada) and oregon. there were plenty of deals to be made at the vendor tables, i was SOOOOO tempted to buy some henkeis and MPs :drool: 

greg and his staff did a great job organizing this event. cant wait till the next one, cybcon can only get bigger going forward :thumb 

9. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    This was my first official Cybcon. I dropped by a couple years ago at the last hour. It was great! Had good fun talking with familiar faces and meeting the other board members. Finally got to meet Hoist and Andre whom I have exchanged messages and sightings for a while in our Kent/Federal Way area, but had not yet had a chance to meet.

Got a chance to see bombatron's Concepts in Chrome display. Very nice! I always wondered how he did some of those customs and even picked up some good tips. Jimmy's huge sale probably only cleared out a small amount of his "warehouse" stash. :) 

Took a look at the Fansproject display. It was a nice display. I wanted to pick a few things, but they didn't have much to sell. One of which was the City Commander set, which I had missed picking up the first time around. Hopefully they are able to find some vendors/online retailers that will make the purchase so I can buy my set in the future. I did pick up the Shadow Commander set and I am quite happy with the purchase.

Overall, it was awesome! Again huge props to Greg for putting together an awesome event!

10. GregGaub

News Credits:
    Staff! LOL! My wife was my staff. Oh and Ben (HH) did a great job on the trivia and Transforming contests. :) 
    Thanks for all the compliments. My heart is quite warm. :) 
    I'll try and get my pics up today. Hopefully some other people send me pics to include in the gallery, especially the TFW group shot. :) 

11. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Nice talking to you again man. I'll take some pics when I put those decals on my new ride. :thumb 
    Nice meeting you this year. Your customs are really sweet especially in person. If you wanna check out some of mine they are in the gallery and in the Radicons section
    Great job once again Greg. This was my 4th time making the trip up to Tacoma for your con and as always it was well worth it! Keep up the great work

...there was a TFW group shot and I wasn't in it? Dagnabit!

12. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

Cybcon was fun, fun, fun! Greg, again thanks again for the great event.

My son had a blast shooting everyone with his Optimus blaster and Classics Megatron ;-)

Everyone that played along with his 6-7 hours of blasting you... thank you so much!!

Funny thing is, my girlfriend and son left with more items than I did and I'm the fan, lol.

Then again everything I want is expensive, lol.

It was great seeing everyone again and I look forward to our next get together.

13. FuRiOus_StyLZe

FuRiOus_StyLZe Hasbro can suck my nuts..

thanks again Greg for putting on such a great show! Wish I would've made the group pic! :(  next year I'll definitely be there earlier!

14. jimmynguyen41

jimmynguyen41 aka Special Agent JiMMeRz

News Credits:
    This was my second Cybcon and instead of being an attendee I was a dealer and it was great to actually more of the people around the boards. I had a great time talking and chatting with everyone that stopped by to buy my insanely cheap stuff, and to take a look at Bombatrons chrome customs.

And what makes me more happy than to see my friends was actually to see the children who bought stuff from me...play with the stuff and enjoy the items. Thats what toys and collecting should be about....

and for anyone who was on the fence about going to cybcon..should go...come on its only $5 bucks to go with preregister and thats including drinks and pizza and where else would you find a great bunch of people who collect and talk about transformers - who are as friendly and entertaining as a bunch of adults reliving their childhood....
    whats also great is that you get to meet people that you might of seen in the stores on your runs...its also great to network too....especially with the active members in the TFW board in the washington state forums....so rating?

10/10 event
    10/10 people
    10/10 games/trivia
    10/10 dealers

meeting new people and having a grand ole time ...PRICE LESS!

As always Greg put on a great event...and Im thinking of doing one in seattle that will be bigger...if of course someone is against it. lol....

KUDOS to Greg!

15. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I was SO very close to being able to come this year (thanks to Greg), but life dictated otherwise. Keep in mind, I'm in NC. I think it'd be worth my time, travel, etc. :) 

16. GregGaub

News Credits:
    Hey man, if you want to run the next CybCon, just let me know. I'd love to go just as an attendee. :)  Or maybe CybCon will take a break and let JimmyCon take over for a few years. ;-)

17. mrs_soundwave

mrs_soundwave ultracuteboticon

Thanks for putting together a great convention! It was nice to see that it's a very family friendly operation. Maybe next time mr_soundwave and I will bring our babybot :) 

18. GregGaub

News Credits:
  19. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This looks like another fun year at CybCon! I always enjoy seeing photos each year; thanks for sharing, Greg! I'm still hoping things will come together so I can venture out some time. I was sooo close this year! ARGH!

20. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    I can't believe I missed this again! I completely forgot the date and it just slipped my mind. Next year as it sounds like a great time!