CybCon 2009 Event Details

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by GregGaub, Feb 5, 2009.

1. GregGaub

GregGaub Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Cybertronian Conference of 2009 has been scheduled for Saturday, July 25th. It will take place at the Tacoma King Oscar Hotel and Convention Center (same as last three years). Please not that while pre-payment is not required (though preferred), Pre-Registration IS required. Please refer to the CybCon 2k9 event page for all the details and registration/payment forms.

GG's TF Page - The Cybertronian Conference 2009!

Thanks!
    -Greg

2. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Yyyyeeeesssss! Can't wait Greg. I'm looking forward to it. I'll try to come up with something more valuable and more wanted by fellow collectors than Premier Movie Megatron to donate to the auction for you. :eek: 

3. GregGaub

News Credits:
    Don't worry about it, man. Donate stuff you don't want any more or whatever. Don't go buying stuff just to donate. I don't turn down any donation, but I also don't want/need people going nuts with donations. ;-) I think the Megatron was a great donation, but I guess most people that wanted one, had one already. ;-)

4. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome, 3 days before my B-day.

I had an idea... what about a team trivia contest. Since so many of us have gotten to know each other it might be a fun thing.

5. GregGaub

News Credits:
    I'm totally open to changing things up a little, especially with the tired, old trivia thing. Would you like to be responsible for that event? Come up with the rules for it, and maybe even some new questions?

6. bandron

bandron seeker jets' nightmare

Ebay:
    I look forward to going to this again this year. Straight from work to this again this year too but I am more fun punch drunk anyway. See you there.

7. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
    I can. Your questions will also be needed, but I can certainly add in many more.

8. GregGaub

News Credits:
    PLEASE NOTE THAT EARLY-BIRD PRICES END IN ONE WEEK!
    This is your LAST 7 days to get attendee savings of 66% off door prices! Seriously, WTF are you people waiting for?!? I've got like... 6 paid attendees so far, including one dealer. Why are you people waiting? Do you WANT to spend 2-3 times as much?

Right now, attendees are only $5 each. In 7 days, that jumps to $10 each. At the door, you're looking at $15 each.

If you want to mail me cash/check/whatever, you'll need to register so I know to send you my address so you can get that stuff in the mail ASAP! If you want to PayPal, that's fine, too, but don't keep putting it off.

I know the economy sucks, but come one... $5? Seriously?

Please don't let this be the last year I do this.
    -Greg

PS. If you've already registered and paid, THANKS! You are a wise person! If you've registered but not paid, well... that's half the battle, but why wait on payment? If you've done neither, well... you've got a few months I guess, if you don't mind paying more than you have to. As much as the extra money from late payments helps, I'd much rather have everyone pay early so that I'm not worrying about it so much. :p  At the VERY LEAST, please register ASAP, so I'm not biting my nails wondering if there will be more than a dozen people there.

9. periL75

periL75 Soft Fleshy Bi-Ped

Ebay:
    Can't wait 'til July!

Count on teh Portland gang making it again this year:thumbs2: 

Edit: Registered

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  10. GregGaub

News Credits:
    Not sure why no site is posting my news submissions. I guess if it's not about botcon, the new toys, or movie, it's not news worthy? Anyway, if someone could front page this, or approve my news submission, that would be dandy.

The Cybertronian Conference of 2009 quickly approaches! If you reside in the Pacific Northwest portion of the USA, then you owe it to yourself to attend this year. You won't want to miss it! For this tenth anniversary event, we have two more reasons to come than all the great fun fans normally come for. Check it:

Fansproject! Representatives from Fansproject will be at the show. Not only will you be able to come and see these great 3rd party Transformers related works in person, but you'll also be able to buy items from their current lines of production AND check out prototypes of some of their upcoming products. If you've been holding off on picking up something from Fansproject, then come to CybCon and make your decision on the spot, then take your new toy home with no shipping costs or delay!

Exclusive Toy! CybCon has teamed up with Dairycon to partake of their Multicon exclusive offerings. Long time CybCon attendees will remember the quality of the CybCon 2005 Minicon jet recolors. Well this year we've got a bigger toy! There will be a limited number of CybCon Exclusive "Bitter Black" versions of this toy, plus one of the other colors for the other conventions in the group that will be auctioned or raffled off.

Details can be found on the CybCon info page. Go there to register if you plan to come, pre-pay if you want to save some money, and see photos of the exclusive toys!

GG's TF Page - The Cybertronian Conference 2009!

11. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
  12. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
    Hey Greg, how will the exclusive be handled this year? First people in line, auction, raffle, duel to the death?

13. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    On the website, it says they are getting 10 to 15 of the regular figures, and one special one. It'll be like last year where you better get a good place in line to get one of the normal ones, then the special one will be up for auction.

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This sucks! Why is that every time I leave home (Tacoma) cool things happen :( 

Transformed

15. in.cog.nito

in.cog.nito Bulkhead

might end up attending this, epically with fans project coming

16. GregGaub

News Credits:
    I thought I DID post to the news forum. the form looks the same. Looks like they took it this time, but they re-wrote it. Better than nothing, I guess. I've gotten a few more registrations and a couple more payments.

I've still got dealer space, though, so if anyone knows a dealer that hasn't already registered, feel free to tell them about CybCon.

As for the exclusive, yeah, first come first served, dealers have to get in line too if they want one, one per attendee max, and at least one will be saved for auction/raffle.

Any other questions? :) 

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I was so close to being able to go this year, and then had to change jobs and such. ARGH!

Some day, Greg. SOME day!!

(I hope you guys going have fun!)

18. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    ohh yeah i live in WA! Not sure if i wanna go though.. is this event worth it?

19. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    If FansProject is going to be there, and one of you IS able to go, PM me...I have a need for a City Commander at normal prices.

20. GregGaub

News Credits:
    I don't believe anyone who has come has not felt that it was worth coming to. Seriously, anyone waffling on this needs to just man up and come. If you CAN come, you SHOULD come. It's worth it.

Yes, of course I would say that, but remember, this isn't a big business like BotCon. This is just a fan (me) creating an event for other fans (you). The attendance fee literally just covers the room and food. I have no interest in profit, but I don't want to lose my shirt 'cus people weren't sure, and then decide to pass 'cus they aren't sure it will be "worth it".

Just check out the photo galleries for the last couple years. That should tell you whether or not it's "worth it." Or, ask anyone who has come.

Hey y'all who've come, tell this guy (and anyone else waffling) that it's worth it, would ya? :) 

Thanks!
    -Greg