[CYB] Final: #1 Scattershot vs #2 Onslaught

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Sep 27, 2009.

?

[CYB] Final: #1 Scattershot vs #2 Onslaught

Poll closed Sep 30, 2009.
  1. Scattershot

58.3%
  2. Onslaught

41.7%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Cybertron Championship

Final: #1 Seed Scattershot vs #2 Seed Onslaught

Voting ends at 11:59 pm(CT), September 29th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/bosskdawg/tourny-2.jpg

Tournament History

How they got here:

Scattershot defeated: Silverbolt, Arcee & Hook

Onslaught defeated: Kickback, Bonecrusher & Tantrum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SCATTERSHOT

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT
    SUB-GROUP: TECHNOBOT
    FUNCTION: TECHNOBOT LEADER

“Decepticons are like rust spots – they’re ugly and they can pop up anywhere!”

Profile: Scattershot leads by his actions, not his words. This brawling, bragging berserker’s idea of strategy is to wade into a Decepticon patrol with all barrels blazing and not withdraw until he’s out of ammo or out of enemies, whichever comes first. And he expects his followers to do the same. Anyone who disapproves of his tactics he considers a “tin-plated buckethead.” At times, given his rude, gruff manner, Scattershot seems more like a caricature of a career soldier than a real one. But this blustery, often comical demeanor can’t disguise the valiant warrior underneath – one who will shed his last drop of fuel, if necessary, for the Autobot cause.

Abilities: More than any single ability, Scattershot is known for his stamina. He’ll continue fighting even after his joints are wracked by metal
    fatigue. In vehicle mode, he’s equipped with a powerful 700 megavolt pulse cannon in his nosecone. Wing-, side- and turret-mounted guns shoot an awesome array of sonic, thermal and artillery shells. He can fly at a maximum speed of 1,900 mph, with a range of 10,000 miles. In battle station mode, he can utilize the same weaponry with even more precision once he deploys his omni-directional radar screens. In robot mode, he carries a 500 rounds-per-minute automatic acid-pellet gun, which can turn an enemy robot into a pile of slag in a matter of moments. With his fellow Technobots, Scattershot combines to form the super-robot Computron.

Weaknesses: Aside from collapsing due to exhaustion because he’s pushed himself beyond the point of endurance, Scattershot has no specific weaknesses

ONSLAUGHT

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON
    SUB-GROUP: COMBATICON
    FUNCTION: COMBATICON COMMANDER

"The mind is the greatest weapon."

Profile: Perfection is what Onslaught seeks. He believes the key to a mission's success lies in its planning, not in its execution. Thus, a perfect plan virtually guarantees a victory. Onslaught prefers the intellectual battlegrounds of the mind, where he can carefully devise and polish his sinister schemes, to the physical battlegrounds of the war, where events don't always unfold as expected. The four Combaticons under his command consider him aloof, even dreamy, but a brilliant tactician. Typically, Onslaught takes a backseat role in the assaults he plots, choosing to observe and re-evaluate his strategy rather than actually engage in combat. But, when stirred to action, he is a relentless, furious fighter, a terrifying contrast to the reserved thinker he is otherwise. This side of Onslaught's personality comes as a surprise to most of the other Decepticons, but those who understand him know his violent behavior is born out of frustration that his plan didn't work, forcing his involvement, rather than any suppressed lust for battle hidden in his character.

Abilities: In missile trailer mode, Onslaught can reach speeds of 100 mph. His range is 2400 miles. He can launch photon missiles, with a range of 6500 miles. Each missile contains three independently targetable shells, each of which has an explosive force equivalent to 3000 tons of TNT. In robot mode, he uses a sonic stun-gun, which is capable of crumbling a hillside with one blast. He combines with his fellow Combaticons to form the giant robot Bruticus.

Weaknesses: Onslaught often puts too much faith in his plans and winds up going along with them longer than he should. Consequently, he doesn't get personally involved as quickly as changing situations might warrant. Electromagnetic interference can impair the accurate targeting and delivery of his missiles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tech Spec Breakdown

Strength:
    Scattershot:8 Onslaught:8
    Intelligence:
    Scattershot:7 Onslaught:8
    Speed:
    Scattershot:7 Onslaught:3
    Firepower:
    Scattershot:8 Onslaught:8
    Skill:
    Scattershot:6 Onslaught:9
    Endurance:
    Scattershot:8 Onslaught:7
    Courage:
    Scattershot:9 Onslaught:8
    Scattershot:8 Onslaught:7

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    interesting match up Scattershot has a 4 point speed advantage and Onslaught has a 3 point skill advantage, other than that this is gonna be another close one im not nearly ready to vote yet ill need to think and hear some arguments

3. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    I like this match up very much. Hope Onslaught is enjoying his tea. It could be his last cup...

4. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Scattorshot would win this one since he's known for making it up as he goes along type of fighting which Onslaught can't really thwart.

5. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    That's a good point. Onslaught is the British Commander in the tent making plans on a map sipping tea where Scattershot is the General in the trenches with his men. Not saying Onslaught doesn't have fighting skills, cause he certainly does. But Scattershot seems to be the bot to get to him. We shall see :) 

6. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Scatershotts experience and the need to just jump in battle will favour this to Onslaught.

Onslaught has trillions of more experience then Scattershot and knows the game, Scattershot is built by Grimlock and have not seen much combat compared to Onslaught.

The stats are in Onslaughts favour aswell, Sure SH have endurance and speed, but we all know Onalughts plans and intelligence. He is one of the more skilled team leaders.

Scattershot wont be easy but I dont see Onslaught loosing to him.

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I say Onslaught.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'm going with Scattorshot. He's got Onslaught outgunned in sheer volume, the missiles probably can't even hit Scattorshot if he gets out of the area fast enough, and Scattorshot will exert himself to the utmost extreme if need be. Onslaught likes to stand back and watch the fireworks, and will only actually start fighting if need be when his stratagies backfire.

I'm not voting yet, though, as I am not totally with Scattorshot yet.

9. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Onslaught has a serious disadvantage here. Because of the way these fights are designed (ie they begin within visual range of each other) he cannot use his missle weapon. The explotion would destroy them both. He has no way to put enough distance bewteen himself and Scattershot. As I said in his last match, though, he probably has a plan or two in the back of his mind to evade any intial encounter and escape to plan a real strategy.

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Onslaught is not outgunnned, they both have an 8 and impressiv arsenal of weapons to use. Both characters weapons is lethal and will make the target they hit take damadge

Its a 1 to 1 combat, Onslaught is NOT going to stand and look.

The skill and int and the long experience Onslaught have till give him the win. His weakness from standing by wont be a factor because he is the one that is fighting.

Scattershoots weakness on the other hand is something that is bound to happen due to the heave action he needs to put up to match Onslaughts forcefull attacking and planing.

I dont see Scattershott take this but Onslaught will have to fight for it as Scattershot is not a easy foe either.

11. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut sack

Ebay:
    Hmmm. Another tough one to call. Does Scattershot have enough weapons to compensate for his lack of skill in this matchup? I've never owned the toy or seen him in any media (except the IDW series, which didn't really highlight the Technobots' capabilities). Onslaught is a known factor for me. His opponent flies and is considerably faster than he is, which is a pretty tough tactical problem right off the bat. As was already mentioned, he can't use his guns in vehicle mode or he'd take himself out in the process (or would he do so knowing a draw was better than defeat in a scenario where he has no other options?)

I like Onslaught, but from what I know of the two combatants, I think the best he can hope for here is mutually assured destruction. Unless he's in kamikaze mode, Scattershot takes this.

12. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

I say onslaught. Most people are assuming that hes a general that sits in a command post and gives orders to soldiers on the front line. What you dont understand is that OS only does that when he has troops to command. He is a fearless fighter 1 vs 1. Tp prove my point i will list advantages/disadvantages ad likely scenarios

Scattershots Advantages:
    •Way faster
    •Slightly more endurance

Onslaughts Advantages:
    •Far more skilled
    •Slightly more intelligent

Here how I think this battle will go:
    SS will start inaccurately firing his weapons in OS's general direction most of the time. OS, on the other hand will move between building while firing extremely accurate shots with his sonic rifle, and will also be up with cunning battle plans and luring SC into traps. As you can see, their is no way Sc can win. hes just emptying all his ammo in OS's general direction while OS is taking cover and pulling off super-accurate shots with his sonic rifle. SC is rarely going to hit OS, while OS is going to be hitting hitting SC all the time. Also, if Os manages to get far away from SC, he can use his missiles which basically would win the match for OS.
    comming

13. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

Thats totally wrong. SC's strategy is just to shoot everyone. Onslaught on the other hand comes up with brilliant battle plans, and if the go wrong he goes on rampages.

This totally wrong. first, they have the same firepower rating. Secondly you have this stupid idea in your head that Onslaught just sits back and relaxes and only fight when his strategies backfire. That ONLY happens when hes commanding troops. If this is 1 on 1 combat onslaught is not going to sit their and do nothing!

Next time, actually think about what your typing.

14. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Onslaught is probably one of the best military minds there are...and he leads a team of soldiers. He's out there fighting the fight. Despite Scattershots greats stats, he's outclassed here.

15. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I'd say Onslaught from his bio is much more a thinker and scattershot is a doer and in a one on one fight like this where speed is going to count I give it to the doer.

Also O's skill would seem to have more to do with his battle planning not actual fighting where Scat's seems all combat.

Scattershot For the win.

16. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Scattershot!

17. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Scattershot...his "berserker" type of fighting would be Onslaught's un-doing.

18. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

wow, this is depressing. everyone who voted for Scattershot just either doesnt even have an argument or has a pathetic one sentence argument like "Scattershot is a warrior, Onslaught is a thinker" or "scattershots berserker method of fighting is onslaughts downfall' That is so wrong its funny. first if all, ive said this a dozen times but ill say it again Onslaught only sits back and relaxes when he has troops to command. in 1 on 1 combat he is an extremely skilled combatant.

Seriously, if you vote for scattershot, at least put up a decent argument.

19. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut sack

Ebay:

Calling people who disagree with you stupid and telling them they're not thinking isn't just a telltale sign of immaturity, it's also completely irrelevant to the discussion. You think a better discussion will ensue by insulting people? Why don't we all just remain silent and let you decide for us since obviously yours is the only opinion you value?

20. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

Im saying actually write an argument. Dont just say "Scattershot is badass he wins". Actually compare them and write a good argument.