[CYB-3] Semifinal #2: #1 Scattershot vs #4 Silverbolt

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Sep 14, 2009.

?

[CYB-3] Semifinal #2: #1 Scattershot vs #4 Silverbolt

Poll closed Sep 16, 2009.
  1. Scattershot

70.6%
  2. Silverbolt

29.4%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Cybertron Contests: Semifinal

Semifinal #2: #1 Seed Scattershot vs #4 Seed Silverbolt

Voting ends at 11:59 pm(CT), September 15th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/bosskdawg/tourny-2.jpg

Tournament History

How they got here:

Scattershot defeated: Arcee & Hook

Silverbolt defeated: Venom & Streetwise

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SCATTERSHOT

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT
    SUB-GROUP: TECHNOBOT
    FUNCTION: TECHNOBOT LEADER

“Decepticons are like rust spots – they’re ugly and they can pop up anywhere!”

Profile: Scattershot leads by his actions, not his words. This brawling, bragging berserker’s idea of strategy is to wade into a Decepticon patrol with all barrels blazing and not withdraw until he’s out of ammo or out of enemies, whichever comes first. And he expects his followers to do the same. Anyone who disapproves of his tactics he considers a “tin-plated buckethead.” At times, given his rude, gruff manner, Scattershot seems more like a caricature of a career soldier than a real one. But this blustery, often comical demeanor can’t disguise the valiant warrior underneath – one who will shed his last drop of fuel, if necessary, for the Autobot cause.

Abilities: More than any single ability, Scattershot is known for his stamina. He’ll continue fighting even after his joints are wracked by metal
    fatigue. In vehicle mode, he’s equipped with a powerful 700 megavolt pulse cannon in his nosecone. Wing-, side- and turret-mounted guns shoot an awesome array of sonic, thermal and artillery shells. He can fly at a maximum speed of 1,900 mph, with a range of 10,000 miles. In battle station mode, he can utilize the same weaponry with even more precision once he deploys his omni-directional radar screens. In robot mode, he carries a 500 rounds-per-minute automatic acid-pellet gun, which can turn an enemy robot into a pile of slag in a matter of moments. With his fellow Technobots, Scattershot combines to form the super-robot Computron.

Weaknesses: Aside from collapsing due to exhaustion because he’s pushed himself beyond the point of endurance, Scattershot has no specific weaknesses

SILVERBOLT

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT
    SUB-GROUP: AERIALBOT
    FUNCTION: AERIALBOT COMMANDER

"Don't look down, look straight ahead."

Profile: Silverbolt is scared of heights. It is this one trait, above all else, that determines the rest of his behavior. He projects the image of a brave, grimly determined warrior, befitting his role as Aerialbot Commander. In truth, he is just that. But it is a constant struggle for him to maintain this persona, to never falter or show any sign of emotional weakness to those he leads. Helped by the sleek, aerodynamic jet form that makes him appear to be a natural-born flyer, Silverbolt knows that everything about him belies even a hint of the existence of his phobia. And, in fact, no one is aware he has this problem, except Optimus Prime. It is for that reason the Autobot Commander selected Silverbolt to lead the Aerialbots - Optimus figured if Silverbolt felt responsible for the welfare of others, he'd have less time to worry about himself. Given that Silverbolt is an excellent leader, Optimus was right.

Abilities: In jet mode, Silverbolt can reach Mach 1.9 and has a range of 4500 miles. He carries on his underside an electrostatic battery, which allows him to strip electrons from air molecules as he's flying and store them. He can then direct this stored charge through his nose cone as a powerful bolt of electricity. He's capable of storing and releasing up to 150,000 volts at a time. He's especially effective in lightning storms, due to their abundance of charged particles. He carries an electrostatic discharger rifle in robot mode that has the same capability. He combines with the other Aerialbots to form the giant robot known as Superion.

Weaknesses: As long as Silverbolt is busy leading or fighting, he's fine, but when he's simply flying, particularly by himself, his fear of heights begins to manifest itself. The effect can be devastating; he might start flying wildly, go into a tailspin or even crash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tech Spec Breakdown

Strength:
    Scattershot:8 Silverbolt:6
    Intelligence:
    Scattershot:7 Silverbolt:8
    Speed:
    Scattershot:7 Silverbolt:9
    Firepower:
    Scattershot:8 Silverbolt:8
    Skill:
    Scattershot:6 Silverbolt:5
    Endurance:
    Courage:
    Scattershot:9 Silverbolt:8

2. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

As the first proud vote for Scattershot, yes I'm that sure.

3. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Well, I had to vote early this time because I couldnt bare the thought of Silverbolt ever being actually ahead in this contest!!!

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    hmmm the tech specs are closer than i thought they would be so for the time being im withholding a vote and waiting for more discussion

5. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm a hardcore G1 fan, but I'm still baffled by the fact that a flying Autobot is afraid of Heights. Scattershot gets my vote.

6. grimlock1972

News Credits:

if you think thats bad go read up on broadside an autobot triple changer that has jet and aircraft carrier alt modes and is afraid of flying and water

7. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    I'm afraid of his G1 figure. It's terrifying :p 

8. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Scattorshot by a long... uh... shot

9. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    Lots of people wrote off Sliverblot long ago...Though everyone must admit the stats are VERY close.

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yeah, I have to admit, I'm finding that these two are more more closely matched than I figured.

I can't really decide where this battle will be fought. Both are fliers, and with his superior speed and his lightning powers, Silverbolt would do well to stay in the air. However, will he be able to fight effectively by himself in the air? Will he puts his fears aside in the face of danger, or panic under pressure?

Scattershot is stronger, but I don't think Strength will come into this fight much... they'll either be dogfighting or it'll be a gunfight on the ground.

Silverbolt is smarter, but not so much that it would make a difference.

Endurance and Firepower are even, while Scattershot has one more notch in Skill... making him above average, rather than merely competent like Silverbolt.

In the end, Scattershot's variety of weaponry, his greater versatility, his aggressive tactics and his slightly better Skill would probably tip it in his favour.

zmog

11. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    Sliverbolt is fine when he's engaged in combat and we both know he's very capable of putting his fear of flying aside when the heat is on.

Though I'm with you SMOG. In the end, Scattershot's variety of weaponry, his greater versatility, his aggressive tactics and his slightly better Skill would probably tip it in his favor :D 

12. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    I am leaning towards Scattershot as well ( even though i have Silverbolt's universe figure lol) and i think Smog may be spot on when he mentions it might end up becoming a dogfight , which is something i could see happening and that situation would likely be Silverbolt's best chance for a win

13. SMOG

Going back to Omnus' comments about language and spelling, the problem with his comments about spelling reflecting pronunciation, is that in the United States alone, that would require a separate phonetic spelling system for virtually every major geographical region of the country. Broadcast english (or as we call it, "Ontario") is widespread due to the media, but it's hardly uniformly used.

In that spirit, from now on I insist that OmegaGoalie type his posts in phonetic Jersey-speak. ;) 

zmog

14. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    I don't think that "Jersey-Speak" could be spelled in anyway that would remotely resemble English as we know it :lol 

15. SMOG

Maybe we need new contractions to approximate unintelligible grunting? ;) 

zmog

16. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    Or maybe glyphs and audio aid :p 

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Ditto.

18. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    STO!!!!! Hey man whatcha doin up so late/early?

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The pain killers they gave me for the surgery had me out half of the day so I couldnt sleep.How bout you???

20. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    IDK to be honest lol. My wife is up too. I'm here reading stuff, she's running her sewing machine we got Simpsons DVD's going on the TV and it's nearly 5am lol.

How are you recovering?