Heavy/Scratch: CW Thunderblast

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Silverscar, May 16, 2018.

1. Silverscar

Silverscar Eternal Non-starting Customiser

England. No, I'm not Cogman, stop asking that.
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]
    So er, long way to go, obviously, but I figure Onslaught is a good choice. Having seen that custom Jallguar that was made by @omochasouko02 on Twitter, I figured using Onslaught's legs for the rocket launcher that is one of her notable features, is a good idea. @SteamShield makes a cracking set of rocket launchers that double as combiner knees, and I'm pretty happy with how they look. Needing new heads and chest panel, obviously, and obviously it'll need near enough a full repaint, but I'm hoping this will really work out. Plans to give her additional panels to give her the proper robot mode look too, especially the boat-wings she typically has.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Alpha Minor 128

Alpha Minor 128 Delicious.

YouTube:
    This should be, interesting. Granted I wnt to try yto make Sans from Slag and to most people that isn't much weirder. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Silverscar

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sans? Now that's an interesting one. Good luck =P Thunderblast doesn't get a lot of love, and she works pretty well for the vehicle shape, so I felt I had to hop in and go for it =D

• Like Like x 2
  4. King Glurch

King Glurch The Frenchiest Fry

YouTube:
    That’s a bit of an odd choice, but if you somehow get it to work, then this just might be my favorite custom on this sight. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Silverscar

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Given this mould has been female twice, and I always felt Thunderblast was odd as a boat, I don't see why it would be odd to make her an artillery truck, but okay =)

• Like Like x 1
  6. King Glurch

King Glurch The Frenchiest Fry

YouTube:
    Yeah I forgot about that. Well, good luck on this then.

7. Bakuformer00

Bakuformer00 Autobot Servant

Are you gonna give her a new head too?

8. Silverscar

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I could always have her shell-form into a boat, that's practically what she did in Cybertron =D Making the shell would be quite the challenge though.

That's the plan. Looking into maybe using the IDW Elita-1 head @SteamShield made on Shapeways, since her Cybertron head was always based on Elita-1 anyway. I'd just need to re-shape her chin, since Elita's is sorta pointy while Thunderblast has a cute round head (and I always thought it odd how she always got into stupidly dangerous scrapes and never suffered damage, so the somewhat asymmetrical nature of the sculpt would maybe better suit). Figuring out her new chest plate (since I haven't the money to make a completely new custom one) might be a bigger challenge.

The concept is to make her the brawn of Lyzack's female Decepticon team, so I'd swap her Bruticus head out for a Lyzack-styled head, if I can find someone willing to help me out with that. Lyzack would then form the chest plate of the combined form. Not come up with a story for why Lyzack and Thunderblast are in a combiner team, but I figured it might have a more interesting look than the somewhat 'Psycho-Rangers' aesthetic Megatronia goes for.

• Like Like x 1