Minor/Repaint: CW Megaman X

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Aurawind, May 11, 2017.

1. Aurawind

Aurawind Lazy Headmaster

When I first saw CW Ironhide's head, Megaman was the first thing that popped into my head. I didn't really think of the idea of a Combiner Wars Megaman X custom until CW Trailbreaker was announced and saw his gun arm. I loved the idea that he could transform into a combiner "Buster" arm!

At the time Cheetimus Prime was releasing some pretty cool CW customs, and I decided to ask him if he was willing to make the CW Megaman X custom for me based on the best Megaman X figure, made by Trueforce (which I regrettably did not have at the time). He was very enthusiastic about making the custom since he loved Megaman X as well and actually had the Trueforce figure in front of him.

I commissioned and paid for the custom on Feb 16, 2016 (as a BDay gift to myself), but only received it on Apr 13, 2017 (over a year and two BDay's passed) after a very lengthy and frustrating exchange that pushed the very limit of my patience and politeness. I was initially really excited for this custom, but by the time I received it, I had managed to buy a reissue of the Trueforce figure from BBTS for less than what I paid for the custom, Combiner War's appeal was diminishing, and the ordeal I had to go through to get the custom just killed my excitement for it.

On top of that, what I had received was disappointing, many things I had asked for were not done, even though Cheetimus assured me he could do everything I had requested even the "if possible" things (exact request below pics). The paint job was basic and sloppy in some places. He did not do any modifications to the head, except maybe smoothing the face a little. He left the Truck mode very plain without any details and he messed up painting the front windshield. Worst of all he didn't even make the combiner "Buster" hand!(My thoughts at the time I received the figure, since I was under the impression it would be included)

I was going to post pics as soon as I received it, but it was so disappointing that I did not want to post anything until after I added the details that were missing from my request. After seeing PaperSheep's cool Megaman X custom, Minor/Repaint: - The Blue Bomberbot, I decided share mine, like it currently is anyways, since I don't even know when I'll actually decided to sit down and beautify him. My future plans for him are to drill the recess in the "ears", add a lot of details mostly to the Truck mode, add custom printed waterslide Maverick Hunter logos and make a combiner "Buster" hand using a cast of the tip of MAS-01 Optimus Prime's gun.

EDIT:
    I just received a message from Cheetimus Prime, he will be sending me a whole new figure since he his not happy with it either.

As for the Combiner "Buster" hand, it seems it was a misunderstanding. I didn't come up with the idea for it until 3 days after I had paid for the commission, and I thought it wouldn't have been a problem to add it. He did say he was going to look around and see what he had and could do. I just assumed it wouldn't be a problem, since he is also a fan of Megaman X and it would seem like a necessary part for the character. But yes, it was not part of my initial commission request and shouldn't fault Cheetimus for that.

I will be posting updated pictures once I receive the new one.

20170511_202244.jpg 20170511_202031.jpg 20170511_203453.jpg 20170511_201728.jpg 20170511_201748.jpg 20170511_201926.jpg 20170511_201940.jpg 20170511_201622.jpg 20170511_201238.jpg 20170511_201322.jpg 20170511_201343.jpg 20170511_201350.jpg 20170511_202745.jpg 20160213_235917.jpg 20160214_000009.jpg mega_man_x_ver_ke_by_elimmc-d7s2u0o.png megaman_x_ver_ke_by_elimmc-d7jzjyy.png megaman_x_ver_ke_by_elimmc-d7urlh1.png

"I'd be looking for the same color pallet as the Truforce figure, but using the blues from the figure and if possible the turquoise and red to have a glowing effect like the artwork.

- Head: If possible, slight modifications including: Rounding the crest and shaping the triangular "gem", trimming the side panels around the cheeks, indentation in the "ears", smoothing the chin and smoothing the nose ridges. As for the eyes...don't know if its even possible to make them a bit bigger? All these would be preferred, but any combination or straight repaint only is still acceptable, whatever you can do. Paint design like the figure.

- Bot mode: The arms, abdomen and thighs in light blue, and if possible the black lines on the could be replicated. The rest of the details would be picked out in blue, turquoise and black as you see fit using the bot mode's molded details, and a white hand. The breast plates can be easily replicated in "purpleish-white"? on the two shapes of the bot mode, same with the cannon stripe on the lined portion of the cannon.
    BTW: don't worry about the gun arm being on the right or left side, just keep it the same as CW Trailbreaker.

- Truck mode: I'm thinking light blue on the windshield, with some black designs (similar to the arms, abdomen and thighs) if it doesn't look bad, your call on that. Headlights and taillights in red. I'm thinking the rear spoiler in black so it could also work well with the bot mode feet. The rest of the truck in blue, with details picked out in turquoise, black and "purpleish-white". I'm thinking the color ratio about the same as the bot mode.

- If possible, I'd like the Maverick Hunter symbol in white (like on the chest of the figure but without the writing) on the center of the bot chest and bigger ones on the doors of the truck.
    "

(Requested after paying for initial commission request above)
    "- Arm mode: Having a custom Buster-hand to replace the combiner hand."

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 19
  2. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    OMGS I love that! That is so perfect! I love TF/MM crossovers! :drool: :thumb 

3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Okay, That is Awesome, Gunna plan to make a Capcom themed combiner out of this?

• Like Like x 2
  4. PaperSheep

PaperSheep Well-Known Member

Wow. That is a clean paint job. I am no Cheetimus yet. Even without all the extras, he looks really great. How did he make the face look...younger? lol
    I wonder who would be the other limbs and torso on the combiner? I hope you can get those extras filled out. I'd love to see the buster made for it.

In any case, thanks for the mention :)  I might make mine a darker blue coat after seeing yours.

I'm mulling over ideas to make at least, Zero, Vile and Sigma. If you have any ideas, I'd love to get some thoughts going.

• Like Like x 2
  5. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

It turned out pretty nice despite not living up to your expectations. The head especially looks great. I see the flaws you mentioned, but without pointing them out I wouldn't have noticed. I know when you pay for a piece of art, any flaws you see really stand out. I hope you eventually get to enjoy the figure, Cheets has a lot of talent. Just hope he didn't rush your figure just to get it out of the way

• Like Like x 2
  6. Venixion

News Credits:

Octane's head would make a very good Sigma head, since it's so defined. Not sure about body and alt-mode.

Can't think of anything for Zero.

What about using some of the Beast formers, Dinobots and Insecticons to make some of the other Mavericks?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dropkick

Dropkick Totally not starring in a movie anytime soon

Google+:
    YouTube:
    That is actually really F*cking cool!
    Nice work!

8. jacey04

jacey04 Member

Haha that looks rad! Would love to see a Zero as well. Or a Megatron Sigma.

9. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

MOAR! I DEMAND IT!

As for molds for the other characters my thoughts at the moment are Zero from Fireflight, Vile from Vortex or Dead End, Axl (not sure if you'll do him) from Air Raid, and Sigma from Cyclonus.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon Filthy peckneck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This also looks amazing!

I love the shade of blue you used for him, it's almost identical to the blue on TruForce's Mega Man X.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Pinpoint Doodle User#3

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Looks great!

12. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

It's really nice, but it looks like you didn't topcoat it and that's really hurting the figure since there's already a lot of paint coming off.

13. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    Suppose the detail work that could go for the alt mode would be along lines of tha Ride Chasers? Otherwise, I wouldn't see much in terms of deco options.

While I like the idea of using an AoE Bee for X... using Ironhide/Trailbreaker is always nifty... In fact, it gave me an idea for a Combiner Team... Command Mission Style:

Massimo would be the Prime/Motormaster Mold, due to the bulk of the figure. Give him a Corbot V Waraxe for added measure. (He could also be the Rook mold if you want him as a leg instead, I guess.)
    X forms the right arm... and his attachment is a HFG left in a gun mode... or modify a gun.
    Zero form the left arm... Suppose he could be the Copter or one of the Lambo-esque car modes. Also need a nice Z-saber to scale with the combiner, I suppose.
    Axl would be a Jetformer and leg.

Then there's the fifth... Probably Marino, now that I think of it. She could be... a copter or maybe Jetformer? Hm, guess the copter blades on the back would resemble that yellow backpack thing she always had.

Cinammon could be a CW chest minion... Wincharger or Groove? Maybe even Cosmos...

I'd leave Spider out, as he was temporary...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Venixion

News Credits:

Yesssss!

15. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

That is quite a good set up. Though i would prefer Zero to use the CW Dragstrip/Mirage mold myself as the vehicle mode would be much closer to a saber shape of sorts. That and with some clever paint deco, his chest would look like in the game. And i guess Axl being a jet would fit his hover ability pretty well, maybe Firefly or Air Raid with a few extra pistols as it's kinda his thing.

Also there's one last thing that would... What the Combined from would be like?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Venixion

News Credits:
    Fracture would be an excellent idea for a ride chaser reploid.

17. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That...that actually really works well. Good eye!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Aurawind

Aurawind Lazy Headmaster

What about this? CW Deluxe Groove mixed with Prime Arcee?

Ride Chaser.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Aurawind

Aurawind Lazy Headmaster

I didn't paint him, I commissioned him from Cheetimus Prime. It does have a topcoat on him, I'm not sure what Cheetimus uses for a topcoat, might be Future Floor Polish (I think I heard you can use it as a topcoat...)? What you see is what I have received. I have transformed him multiple times with no paint coming off, so any imperfections were there before the topcoat. Cheetimus does specify that his customs are transformable without worry of the paint chipping.

20. Venixion

News Credits:
    I can definitely see X taking a cop bike alt! :D