CW Legends Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Dachande, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually it took me a while to find too. Viper was hard to find around here as well. I think it's because they're Decepticons and can be used as guns by other figures.

2. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally found a Shockwave on the shelf today at Target,he had a repackaged sticker on him but the box was in good condition and didnt look like it previously opened at all. It looked MOSC to me. When I went to pay,it came out to 7 bucks and I was suprised but also Im pretty happy with that. I like the lil guy as hes pretty solid in both modes,but I definitely need to polish up his hips and feet. I dig the clear purple plastic. I could also do with out that square peg,it doesnt really help and just hinders his altmode when you want other figures to him. I also noticed in some pics the serial numbers on top in canon mode but others,its underneath,was that a running change?

Now Im happy to have a weapon for Onslaught but he doesnt work Bruticus mode as he make Bruticus tip over all the time,regardless of how I switch the limbs around. Its very disappointing that Bruticus cant hold him with out falling over all the time. If Onslaught had stronger ratchets there would be no problem. Its kinda funny Superion can hold him just fine with out any issues but I want the bad guys to use him like in G1,not the good guys,lol.

I also noticed his Bio says he created the Combaticons,is that in reference to the comics or something else?

3. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think in the marvel run they just showed up without a huge explanation. Not sure on the other runs.

4. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Just barely found this guy today. I got so damned lucky too. from what I haer and have been reading, he's super tough to find these days since coming out last year. I been hunting for him for what feels like ages now.

I also found he's wave-mate Chopshop. So damned happy.

Anyway, in-hand this figure is damned amazing, and the transformation to both alt and bot mode is really fun.

Great figure all around zero complaints and zero QC issues so far.

Was gonna use him for a side cannon for swindle but the odd quare bit on the handle gets in the way. :( 

Is that part there for any reason, or can I remove that portion of the handle?

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BUMP
    So it took a year but the current availability of cheap CW Legends in the UK means I managed to snag a second Shockwave cheap so I was willing to take the knife to one and remove the annoying blocking in front of the 5mm post. Used one of the grooves on the front of the post as a cutting guide and it was a simple job with a stanley knife and a cutting board at the right height.

By itself the 5mm peg is a tinsy bit loose, but by no means the worse I've ever seen: I can see the block definitely plays a function with using it with JUST a CW HFG hand. However I've now got a Shockwave that can be held by anyone with a 5mm peg hole. Soundwave's held him, he's been on Max's arm and is currently sitting on Hardhead's tank barrel.

I'd hesitate before cutting up your only Shockwave but if you can find a second cheap then get him and do the modification.

6. Starscream0625

Starscream0625 We are Thunderwing

News Credits:
    Yup, I sawed off the guard too a few months ago. I never bothered to post the results though. Sorry about that.

Yeah, it's awesome having a Shockwave who can be held by nearly every other figure. The grip is a tad loose, but it's a small price to pay for a CW Megatron holding Shockwave.