Customs: Customizing Gen. Red Alert's head

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by robowarrior, Mar 18, 2011.

1. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Alrigth, quick question on this. I want to do my very first custom by painting Generations Red Alert's head to the color "red". This is my very first time doing something like this and in need of guidance as to what materials and paint to use on his head.

My plans were to buy a bottle of red spray paint and even out the layers around the head without it getting to the face. My plans were to visit stores like Michael's, Home Depot or A.C. Moore to pickup this material. Please let me know if I'm using the correct stuff and your help is appreciated.

2. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

The hardest part is going to be color-matching.

Around here, I know a lot of people swear by Krylon Fusion. They have a very nice red, but I don't know if it will match. What I'd suggest you do is completely disassemble the head, use 70% rubbing alcohol to strip the paint off the face, thoroughly clean the two halves of the head, and then slowly hit it with the Fusion.

Wait a week, paint the face back on with some silver paint of your choice. Clearcoat the face. Reassemble.

EASY PEASY