Customs: Customizing Alternators (wheels)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

So, I was looking at my Alternator Jazz the other day. He's pretty sweet figure, however like most cars, his stock wheels are not that cool. I'm wondering if anybody has taken wheels from a 1/24 scale model car and fitted it to the Alternators?
    Since we know Alternators are 1/24 scale, it should be a simple swap scale wise, right?
    I had a close look at the wheels, and noticed they are held in place by a peg of some sort. How in the hell would you remove the peg without hurting anything else?
    Fujimi, and Aoshima make a lot of pretty sweet 1/24 scale wheel/tire upgrade kits for their plastic model cars and I'd love to slap on a set of custom wheels for Jazz.
    Has anybody done this, and if so can you please post pictures? It doesn't matter what Alternator you modified, or where the wheels came from.

2. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

theres a pin removal tut some where in here and i'm pretty sure alternators are 1/25..not that its much diffrent

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Alternators and Binaltech toys are 1:24. Some 1:25 wheels will work, but not all.

Red Alert (BT) - Alternators - Binaltech Customs - TFW2005.COM
    Wipe Out - Alternators - Binaltech Customs - TFW2005.COM

Those are two of my own customs that I've done wheel swaps. That being said, most of my customs have had the rims removed and put directly back on using this technique: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-how-tos/214537-how-remove-pins-rivets.html

That being said, I'm only one of many Radicons who have swapped out rims: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/radicons-customs/Alternators-Binaltech/

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Patients? Damn, the one thing I don't have. LOL!
    Seriously, nice tutorial there. I'll have to read it with more detail later on. What I didn't see, was the usage of Fujimi/Aoshima 1/24 scale wheels? If it's there, I apologize that I missed it.