Minor/Repaint: Customized Cybertron Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Pun-3X, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Well, I got a donation from a guy named Clay on another board--a second Cybertron Thundercracker--after making a comment about how I'd love to swap out the gun arm for a real one using a second TC, but that I didn't want to have to buy a new one. Since he didn't care for his, he sent it to me.
    :) 
    I like the results.

[​IMG]

I'd seen one done before, and I think it was posted at this board once. (I know it was over at Transtopia.)

[​IMG]

I also resculpted the 'right hand into a lefty, carving out a new groove for the fingers and filling in the old one, as well as remaking a new thumb.

[​IMG]

The new arm sticks out the back in jet mode, but it actually looks pretty cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to cut down the original hinge for the old arm/fuselage/weapon so that the new arm would fit a little more flush with the underside. I also needed to keep most of the hinge so that it could lock down properly, or the entire fuselage assembly would just slide off the front hooks on TC's back.

So there we go! Much better, don't you think?

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Cool idea! Can he hold the gun anymore? Maybe you could make it into a shoulder cannon or something.

3. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bet if you took out the pin in the gun, you could carve the square part do that it could fit into TCs hand, but it might not stay on in veicle mode as well. But its a major improve ment to him, Ill probally do that to mine.

4. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Sadly, the gun doesn't fit in his hand in this stage. As I stated before, I need that hinge just as it is to lock the fuselage down, otherwise it slides right out.

I am planning on making a slot in this right shoulder armor so that it can possibly fit there. I definitely want to make use of that cannon in robot mode.