Customs: Custom Wheelie & Cyclonus

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by iron maniac, Aug 16, 2007.

1. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    A lot of people have been asking me to post pics of these 2 guys. These have been going for a lot of money as of late but I got mine for a real good price a few weeks back.

They are absolutely SUPERB. As far as customs go, the quality is off the charts! The plastic is very thick and HIGH quality. Very poseable, with several points of articulation.

If you can find these at a decent price, I can't recommend them enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GREAT STUFF!

2. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I love em. I have been outbid every time now. They are going for insane money right now.

3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I love em. I have been outbid every time now. They are going for insane money right now.

4. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Don't pay too much for them, I have a feeling they WILL eventually come down in price after the guy making them cranks out more of them.

They are so G1 anime accurate it's scary, Hasbro could learn something from this guy.

5. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Don't pay too much for them, I have a feeling they WILL eventually come down in price after the guy making them cranks out more of them.

They are so G1 anime accurate it's scary, Hasbro could learn something from this guy.

6. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Are they like mini-MasterPieces?

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Are they like mini-MasterPieces?

8. iron maniac

News Credits:
    They aren't quite up to that quality, their hands don't open up or anything like that.
    The actual size of these 2 is line with classics line pretty much.

9. iron maniac

News Credits:
    They aren't quite up to that quality, their hands don't open up or anything like that.
    The actual size of these 2 is line with classics line pretty much.

10. iron maniac

News Credits:
    WOW! These are selling for a lot more than I thought they were. Upwards of $400 a piece! I can tell you right now, I paid nowhere NEAR that much!

11. iron maniac

News Credits:
    WOW! These are selling for a lot more than I thought they were. Upwards of $400 a piece! I can tell you right now, I paid nowhere NEAR that much!

12. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yea, they're pretty much impossible to find at a decent price.

13. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yea, they're pretty much impossible to find at a decent price.

14. iron maniac

News Credits:
    That's a shame really, because they are seriously well made and designed from top to bottom. I don't think Hasbro will ever make these 2 quite this well either.

Too bad jizaitoys couldn't mass-produce them to bring the cost down a bit but it looks like they are making them on a very small scale so far.

15. iron maniac

News Credits:
    That's a shame really, because they are seriously well made and designed from top to bottom. I don't think Hasbro will ever make these 2 quite this well either.

Too bad jizaitoys couldn't mass-produce them to bring the cost down a bit but it looks like they are making them on a very small scale so far.

16. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really waned those the first time I saw them, but the price is just too high. As mentioned, I saw the Cyclonus for like $500.

17. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really waned those the first time I saw them, but the price is just too high. As mentioned, I saw the Cyclonus for like $500.

18. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I also picked up the pair (for too much) and will agree on the sculpting quality being top notch. But, I don't like the shoulder, attachment, pegs on both of them and Cyclonus isn't rigid enough in his alt mode. It's also very hard to get his landing gear out and his front landing gear won't stay out.

I wish Hasbro/Takaratomy could take his design (along with him) and tweak it by adding ball joints to the shoulders (and knees of Cy) and firming up the alt mode of Cy. The hip, ball joint of Wheelie, is an excellent piece of work so it's too bad the designer didn't use more. If he worked for Hasbro/Takaratomy, we would get some great, classics, toys

I also added a piece of rubber band to Wheelies slingshot. The kind of rubber bands that come attached to the TF toys. He can't pull it back but it looks like he could actually shoot something with it. I also want to paint the canopy grey. That is the main flaw with the mold since some pieces were molded in grey. The canopy should have been in with those pieces. (transparent would be the greatest)

I don't think I am going to attempt to purchase the Octane or Powerglide since I am happy with the G1 octane and I have my, repainted, Energon Windrazor for powerglide.

Also: Cyclonus has one elbow joint that won't stay in, as well. I would glue it but I'm afraid I would ruin the moving pieces due to the design. It is a short piece of tubing held in with a peg with a large flat top. (like the metal pins with a large head only this is plastic/resin). If I get glue, too deep, into the socket then the pin will not be able to move. I have used a piece of clear tape to thicken up the pipe, piece. Now it stays in better.

19. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I also picked up the pair (for too much) and will agree on the sculpting quality being top notch. But, I don't like the shoulder, attachment, pegs on both of them and Cyclonus isn't rigid enough in his alt mode. It's also very hard to get his landing gear out and his front landing gear won't stay out.

I wish Hasbro/Takaratomy could take his design (along with him) and tweak it by adding ball joints to the shoulders (and knees of Cy) and firming up the alt mode of Cy. The hip, ball joint of Wheelie, is an excellent piece of work so it's too bad the designer didn't use more. If he worked for Hasbro/Takaratomy, we would get some great, classics, toys

I also added a piece of rubber band to Wheelies slingshot. The kind of rubber bands that come attached to the TF toys. He can't pull it back but it looks like he could actually shoot something with it. I also want to paint the canopy grey. That is the main flaw with the mold since some pieces were molded in grey. The canopy should have been in with those pieces. (transparent would be the greatest)

I don't think I am going to attempt to purchase the Octane or Powerglide since I am happy with the G1 octane and I have my, repainted, Energon Windrazor for powerglide.

Also: Cyclonus has one elbow joint that won't stay in, as well. I would glue it but I'm afraid I would ruin the moving pieces due to the design. It is a short piece of tubing held in with a peg with a large flat top. (like the metal pins with a large head only this is plastic/resin). If I get glue, too deep, into the socket then the pin will not be able to move. I have used a piece of clear tape to thicken up the pipe, piece. Now it stays in better.

20. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Love the figures hate the prices... so many are exploiting the TF market to make big cash (not talking about the person making these figures).... it's sad people are willing to pay those prices and thereby allowing the sellers keeping them there.