Minor/Repaint: Custom Weapon for Universe Onslaught

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by doomboy536, Aug 16, 2009.

1. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Universe Onslaught is by far my favourite Transformer toy ever, but he has one major glaring flaw - the only weapon he has in robot mode is that offensively small wrist weapon. Surely the leader of the Combaticons deserves a much greater weapon! It annoyed me so much that I actually went and customised a weapon for him. The weapon in choice is an Action Man .50 calibre machine gun which I picked up from a car boot sale for 50 pence. The handle was then filed down to fit into his hand, and that was it! It's not the most complicated custom ever, but I'm happy with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Dude, that gun is perfect for onslaught! What a lucky and cheap find. I originally saw this guy in stores and didn't really like him (a little bulky I thought at the time) but with the two great IDW style Hardhead customs on the boards over the past couple days, the cool realization that his armor looks a lot like samari battle gear, and the other cool customs made out of him I'm really starting to like this mold a lot too. I really like the shot you have of Onslaught peeking out from behind his shield with his gun too. It could be a really sweet sig pic if it was cropped a little.

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the kind words :)  Yeah, I did get lucky! One of the things that annoys me about Onslaught's tiny standard weapon is that he can't effectively point it over his shield - so what's the point in him having it? :s

I like your idea about the sig pic, might play around with it later.