Non-TF: Custom Ultimate Nick Fury Marvel Legends

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by crusader_x, May 14, 2008.

1. crusader_x

crusader_x Autobot Psi-borg

http://www.firebladecomics.com/customs/ultimatenickfury.html

Read the comic featuring the figure: "Avengers... Disassemble!"

Ultimate Nick Fury was one of my favorite characters when I started reading the Ultimate line of Marvel Comics and I loved that he was modeled after Sam "The Man" Jackson. So when I heard Sam would be cameoing as Nick in the Iron Man movie I jumped out of my seat. I have been saving this custom for nearly 6 months in order to release it around the time Iron Man came out. What's that you say? Didn't know Nick Fury was in Iron Man? Well, did you stay til the end of the credits? Yup there's an extra scene, better go see it again! I thought Iron Man was fantastic, but Nick Fury's scene made the movie priceless.

The figure was created from a Marvel Legends Bullseye body with the head from a McFarlane Shaft figure, and various belts and straps added to the legs and arms. His eye patch is sculpted on with FIXIT, as well as some of the pouches, and the patch strap is thin styrene. The head attaches by magent giving it great posability. The figure has ridiculous articulation, as many of the good Marvel Legends do... even his fingers are individually articulated! And finally, the S.H.I.E.L.D emblem on his chest and shoulders are custom designed decals in addition to all of the warning signs and symbols (and bullet holes) on the base.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

The only criticism I have is that the head looks just a bit large in proportion to the rest of the body. Otherwise, absolutely amazing work.

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

He's a bad mutha...shut your mouth! Sorry I couldn't resist making a Shaft joke. But all and all very badass.

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Samuel Fury! :thumbs2: 

5. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i am sick and tired of these motherf@$*ing snakes on this motherf@$*ing plane.

6. crusader_x

crusader_x Autobot Psi-borg

Thanks for the feedback guys, I do agree the head ended up looking a bit large for the body, so now I know a bit better what proportion to make the body on my next one. I'm working on a trenchcoated variant as seen in the movie and comics. And in the comic on www.firebladecomics.com I did for him I included several Sam Jackson movie references, such as Snakes on a Plane, but I saved a few for the next Nick Fury custom :D 

7. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I must have been to your site the other day from something, because I know I've seen this before I clicked the thread, and I thought I'd seen your Hulk before too.

Good stuff, my only suggestion might be to give the clothes a shot of flat/dull coat afterwards to tone down some of the shine. The sheen gives off a sense of plastic, ya know? Unless that's your thing, then totally disregard previous comment :) 

Keep em coming though man, good stuff.