Fan Art: Custom Transformer Car Tag?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by tfatUGA, Jul 25, 2006.

1. tfatUGA

tfatUGA Member

Hey y'all,
    I just got a white Honda Accord, and am thinking of getting a custom car tag with white background against the red cybertron icon on it. Must be a head-turn on the road. Any one know where I can get such a customized car tag? appreciate your help.

James:dj 

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Hmmmm....

http://tinyurl.com/m6apm

eBay Item #: 230011465648

I have that red one on the grille of my truck, and it is also my avatar. I paid just under $20 for one to be shipped from Canada. Very high quality but you'll need to supply your own mounting tape. Industrial double-sided tape works great and holds mine on even during heavy rain and 120+ heat. I got that off of eBay for about $20, and It works well for other applications as well. I wouldn't go the route of a "decal" because it seems cheap. If you can afford it, get the metal emblem.

If you don't want the traditional red color, that seller also has both Autobot and Decepticon emblems available in white, silver, black, yellow and other colors. If you want a LARGE traditional graphic to put on your nice new car, there is also this...

http://tinyurl.com/gkjl9

eBay Item #: 290010890440

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I custom made mine I took a red heart window cling and I drew the autobot symbol on it and cut it out :D  stays on in the rain. Though it hasn't been tested in snow yet because it is still summer.

4. paskal

paskal SHWOOOO!!

I found a Decepticon symbol air freshener and have left it tied to my rear-view mirror for the last 5 years :D 

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Holy crap! That's sweet!!!

I wonder if I could fit it in where the Dodge emblem is on my Stratus.

6. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Give me the dimensions of your Dodge emblem, Dark_Convoy, and I'll measure my extra one I have waiting for a second vehicle. The auction states it is about two-and-a-half inches tall, and it is about the same in width. I can measure and get you the exact dimensions to see if it would fit.

Since I put that emblem/sigil on my truck, now my Mother teases me about my Toyota looking like a Dodge. First, after putting on the sport grille it was a Ford, then a Foryota (Ford & Toyota together) and now a Dodge? Man, what a cruel woman.

tfatUGA, if you would like some window stickers I found some here:

http://www.wickedcoolstuff.com/transtic.html

I did have what you're looking for on my previous truck, which was white like your car, but I can't recall where I got it. An eBay earch for "Autobot Sticker" resulted in this:

http://tinyurl.com/g5kzq

There are MANY stickers available from many sellers. Also, there are online stores that sell what you're looking for as well.

7. tfatUGA

tfatUGA Member

this is so AWESOME...thank you My03Tundra!!!
    besides, do all of those come in the same dimension? but the pic they listed on the website with that red car looks fine. Is that the size you got from them?
    And, could you please be kind to tell me "specifically" what kind of stuff did you stick it with to your car?
    Appreciate it..

8. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    I used 3M Industrial strength double-sided tape. I found it off of Amazon.com for around $20 and I've used it for many other applications.

I found it here:
    http://tinyurl.com/hw6l9

Highly useful, especially with automotive and household applications. It works great in holding on panels in vehicles that won't adhere back with the original OEM tape. I've also used it to secure some wiring while installing items in my truck.

As for the size of that emblem, as on the eBay auction on the Accord, that is how big it is. I put mine on the center of the grille of my truck, and can be seen in the pictures of my truck accessible through my "Images" link in my signature.

This is how it looks on the grille of my truck (that I love showing off):
    [​IMG]

I hope this helps you out. I highly recommend getting that metal emblem, as I love mine. That double-sided tape holds it on there TIGHT and it doesn't budge. If you want some mounting instructions please feel free to ask.

9. tfatUGA

tfatUGA Member

That helps sooo much. I'm actually thinking about if there's a way to mask out the little Honda sign at the back of my car, and replace it w/ a cybertron emblem...
    yet, my parents are bugging me w/ that...coz they think it won't be an easy job to sell the car later....screw it I say...LOL

10. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    I paid cash for my truck, and unless something drastic happens, I won't be selling it anytime soon. It is my "other" hobby outside of Transformers and when I'm able too, I'm doing something with it. Unfortunately health problems have pretty much knocked me down, and I can't work on my truck or even drive it.

My philosophy is simple; "bone stock is boring." If I can modify it, alter it, or change it in some fashion to make it my own or add my "signature" to it then I'm going to do it. I can entirely understand your eagerness to "modify" your car, as I have the same feeling about doing that with my truck. My parents don't understand it either, so I just keep going and do what I can when I can.

If you're interested in doing more with your Honda Accord (nice car, BTW), then check out www.vvt-i.net. It's a cool website where I'm also a member!

Have fun, and remember. Modifying a car can be a LOT more expensive then collecting Transformers... well, sometimes. :-D

11. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Cool, I'll measure it as soon as I get time! :redface2: 

That's funny, because someone on another board I post on thought my autobot symbol t-shirt was a Dodge t-shirt!!! :lol 

12. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Even if it doesn't exactly fit, there are tricks and techniques available to you to help out.

13. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i got my 95 VW Golf in the shop right now BUT as soon as it gets done, im going to get the Decepticon symbol on the hood and possibly on my rear windshield...

My VW is burgundy so im thinking of having the symbol done in white...i dont know any other colors that can give it contrast.