Custom Toys! How badly do you want one?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by NexMortuus, Dec 9, 2011.

1. NexMortuus

NexMortuus Well-Known Member

Well folks Here is a fresh new post that i decided to make, and for 2 reasons. One is too see how many want a Custom and to know what maybe their (your) decision not to buy one? whether it be money, possible devalue of the original toy, whatever I just want input.

Ps. Maybe i could help some of you guys get your first custom toy.

2. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    well i'd like a downsizes shield and sword for voyager sentinel prime. just like the leader class version, but for the voyager.

and when i get 1 a sword and bazooka for alternity dai atlus. similar to his zone versions zone saber and weapons.

price is an issue ...

3. NexMortuus

um that would be awesome a down size shield and sword. that there could be a difficult process to do i mean it would take either styrene and a lot of work, Or shapeway (i think thats what it is called) to produce a prototype then release the full thing. Now i will give you a little customizer tip. Some of us cant afford to do all that computer 3d print thing so we either get guns from other figs and use them mod and have a custom gun for our tfs its real simple and cheap if you know where to get guns lol. Um i understand price is an issue. You have other things you like or would want as a custom besides weapons

4. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Customs are cool i have really been fond of Frenzy-Rumbles work as well as Encline but actually buying one cant say i have major interest. Customs can be true works of art.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have quite a few of my own in my collection, but I want to commission my friends for one each

6. NexMortuus

yeah they are man same here, but to be honest it was encline who got me into customizing cause he was the first i saw then it was frenzy yes they are works of art.
    Nice i make my own and then sell them real cheap or trade them lol thats cool i need to see some pics.

Hey guys if any of you own customs please post here (dont matter if they beginer customs or pro customs this is a toy custom post)

7. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    My only reason: the insane cost of a job excellently well done.

8. NexMortuus

very true very true did you have any custom you wanted to get done or try to get?

9. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

There's a sword on shapeways. I don't remember who makes it but it actually splits into 2 smaller swords as well. No shield so far.

10. NexMortuus

there you go shapeways thats what it is called but the material is not plastic or very weak plastic therefore it would be delicate i have seen the material and have had the opportunity to work with stuff from shapeways. Correct me if im wrong but from what i seen to me its sensitive. everyones experience is welcomed for i have not been to familiarized with shapeways just on that occasion

11. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

12. Biofan813

Biofan813 Biofan813

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would Love a g1 classics bee ( 60ish VW alt mode). Money is some what of a problem.

13. NexMortuus

um again i have no idea if its good plastic cause i have had the luck to see a gun and sword from shapeways but they were too fragile idk if it really is plastic you know that is my trouble.
    Um same here i been thinking of making a reshell cause i have so many bee heads and skeletons i should make one and if you guys like i could do one for you guys fairly cheap =D

14. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

What? Have you seen Chibi-Devs? Or, for that matter, ordered anything from Shapeways recently? Maybe three years ago I would've said fair enough, but now the plastic they use (and it is plastic, Nylon 12 to be exact, which if my year 12 chemistry class has taught me anything, is a type of condesnation polymer) is very strong and not delicate at all. I've been using on a Panic Attack custom, some lifting forks made from Shapeways, and they've been repeatedly smashed against a metal spinning drum (think high speed beyblades, being hit into Shapeways plastic repeatedly). There's been no damage to the forks at all, in fact, if anything the forks have gotten shinier and smoother from it.

Even things as small as my Fremble twins (see sig) hold up solidly, and I have no issue with dropping them onto the floor from a good few metres. I know they're solid and won't break.

I've also put Shapeways stuff under the Dremel multiple times, some of which were so strong they melted under the heat of the drill bit before I got a hole through them.

And now, if you look at my thread in Fan Art, there are builds of Scouts and Deluxes there, of Crosshairs, Sideswipe, Megatron and the Insecticons, all of which are supposed to be Shapeways printed in the future, funds allowing. If I wasn't confident in Shapeways plastic, there's no reason to design those figures. I don't know what you ordered from Shapeways, but unless some designer has been screwing with 0.7mm load bearing walls again (which I don't do, as that's the minimum thickness and thus weak), there should be no problems with Shapeways materials for custom toys. I've made transforming robots like Reika FS and Deka and then still stand strong today, while a combiner like Chibi-Devs...well, you can't say it's weak if it can handle the strains of being a combiner.

15. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to knock you here. I'm just saying there is a way to get a Sentinel Prime sword right now so you'd be better off doing something else. Like a Sentinel Prime shield. Perhaps even selling it on shapeways yourself. Or you could look at the design of that sword and make your own mods to it.

16. NexMortuus

i understand you man and thanks for explaining it to me cause i did not know the only thing of info i had was from a friend that got them and had one of his weapons broken, and told me that it was sucky material so like i said i was not to sure on that subject you know thanks again im no longer ignorant to the shapeways thing thanks.
    Oh no its cool, very true and understood

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    NexMortuus, are you trying to use this thread to take on commissions?

18. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Yes Pleez and hurry Mr. NexMortuus, time is of the essence!

19. NexMortuus

Yes and no If can talk about customs i will if i can get work out of it then i get work.
    hahaha ok i got lost a bit is this about the reshell of bumblebee? i was thrown off sorry lol

20. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

2 reasons: Money (I'm 14, I have no money at all), and availability (I have no way to shop online).