Minor/Repaint: Custom The Last Knight Optimus Prime (Voyager Class movie accurate)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Hunter Knight, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Hunter Knight

Hunter Knight Deceptibot customizer

Hello guys! (I know it's been a while) sharing my latest custom Optimus Prime (The Last Knight Voyager Class) The figure is a great rendition of Prime, but the paint applications as usual were minimal. So, by using references from the upcoming Prime 1 and ThreeA toys figures, I fully repainted his robot mode, Vector Shield and Sword of Judgement as screen accurate as I possibly could, using a myriad of techniques including combat weathering, washes, scuffs, added flames and more. His truck mode had a ton of unpainted grilles, vents, rims, smoke stacks,Western Star logos etc, which were fully repainted . The cab and rear lights were painted with a special gel paint that gives the impression of lenses, while the headlights were given more detail than just the plain silver they came in. Needless to say he is fully transformable and articulable. As usual, I made a video with a more in depth look:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 9
  2. AtlasArtworkds

AtlasArtworkds New Member

How did you make the flames ? TEACH MEEE

3. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Excellent work!

4. CooljazCustoms

CooljazCustoms Autocon/Deceptibot

Ebay:
    Very clean looking and some nice detailing..

But i gotta say, as nice as they seem to be applied, those flames are not accurate and very non symmetrical

Overall good job

5. cloudballoon

cloudballoon Well-Known Member

Well... I fail to see how the flame can be perfectly symmetrical if they're hand painted. Hunter Knight probably need to to decals for that. As for the flames' accuracy, H.K. mentioned the sources (3A & P1) which are just toys themeselves...with their own inaccuracies... we're all seen how the CGI, toy box art & movie frame captures look different all over the place. It's hard to pinpoint a picture and say "now this is THE definite, official, reference of TLK OP."

H.K.'s version is IMO one of the better-than-most repainted ones out there (certainly better than mine), and with the videos & animation production, I can feel all the love placed on this mold. That deserves praise.

• Like Like x 1
  6. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    this is really great work

7. CooljazCustoms

CooljazCustoms Autocon/Deceptibot

Ebay:
    First off, i said the figure was vert clean and everything seems to be applied nice and evenly. The only thing i mentioned and it was for POSATIVE critism, was that thr flames seem off from any CGI, or 3rd party figure out there. I know its not from the ThreeA because i used that as one of my referances as i know othets have too. Even if not accurate to a model or picture, the legs for example arent even close to being the same as one another.

Overall, this looks like a nice custom. And my comment was one of polite critism so maybe next time the maker can see areas he could improve on