Minor/Repaint: Custom TFU Red Alert

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TCracker, Nov 6, 2008.

1. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Inspired by many great Radicons here with their awesome repaint and take on Sideswipe's 'other' mold brother, I've decided to make my own. It is 95% complete and now waiting for the paint to dry. Once that is done, I will post car mode pics.

EDIT: Car mode pics addded

I repainted him from the Henkei Lambor I bought yesterday and the paint apps were horrible and the joints were loose. My Universe Sideswipe pawns it in every way in terms of QC. So instead of junking him, I decided to hop into the Red Alert bandwagon :D 

By the way, I am still looking for a lightbar, so I'm still searching for one. The Fire Chief stickers a made by myself (you will notice it's drop of quality compared to reprolabels'.) So there! :D 

Attached Files:

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    The more I see these the more it's making me want to make one.

Good attempt at the decals, I really like the color scheme. I think I would have kept the red stripe on the bottom instead of breaking it up. Do you have an extra light bar from your Jazz or was he made from Silverstreak? Are you gonna paint his head red?

3. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Hey, nice decals. Looking sweet.

Just so you know, I got the light bar for my Red Alert on ebay. To be specific, it's actually supposed to be for 1:43 scale die cast cars.

4. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    pretty!

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nice job man. Only thing that I don't particularly like is the red thighs.

6. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Lucs: Thanks. Anyway, I wont be painting the head red. I try my best to keep in line with the G1 toy colors. As for the red strip at the bottom, you are absolutely correct. Need to fix that :D 

E.C.R. Former : Thanks for the tip! I will be on a hunt to today to look for suitable light bars and I will keep the scale in mind, thanks again!:thumbs2: 

doomtron : thanks! appreciate it

REDLINE : Thanks for the comment, big guy. Well to my opinion, I am trying to stay close as possible to its G1 toy colors. I will try to experiment by recoloring the thighs to black just to see what is the end result. Thanks again!

7. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

OMG the best Red Alert I've seen yet!

I agree on the red stripe. Go look at some g1 pics. I dont think he needs the red near the back with the black stripe...the black stripe should IMO be exclusive to side swipe. I would suggest doing the stripe around the bottom and then painting over the red and black on the sides. Leaving the red peices that the spoiler connects to should be a good amt of red on the back. If anything do some kinda like 911 labels or something for the area where the black stripe curves up over the back wheel wells.

AND lastly... Red Alert has a red head and I've yet to see anyone paint one with a red head. Red Head, silver face.

Sorry to be such a critic but he was one of my all time fav G1 toys as a kid. Your homage does him justice.

8. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it :D  It is feedbacks like this make it worthwhile to improve my customs, Cheers!

9. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

wow man, that is really clean, good job on the stickers.

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Not to butt in too much here but I believe TCracker usually goes for toy accuracy and that's why his head is black, the G1 toy and reissue all have black heads, which I personally don't

The comment I originally made was because I was mixing up his goals with mine. I typically look for toon accurate head mold and color schemes.

And someone did paint one with a red head here
    http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-cus...r-mods-4/classics-20-red-alertupdated-166596/

Another thing a 1/43 scale light bar is way too small for this mold, which I believe is somewhere around 1/32 scale. You'll probably have the best results from either Universe Prowl's light bar or movie Barracade's.

11. kamtimus_prime

kamtimus_prime Radicon Visionary

This looks really great the way it is, but just to give him more of his own identity you should remove the black from the doors and wheelwells. also if you have an extra missile launcher from movie BB (the 74 camero that would enhance him also.) Did that to my Sideswipe.

12. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks great i really hope hasbro makes him.