Minor/Repaint: Custom T_C style Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Thunder_Cracker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Thunder_Cracker

Thunder_Cracker Friendship is Evil!!

When Henkei Thundercracker was released, I was literally DYING to get one!! But after reading some reviews and was advised not to by my friends because it had many flaws and I didn't have the money to get one, I was bummed out about the whole thing.... I really wanted that Thundercracker

Then.... I found Acidstorm at some store, last one for that matter, so I bought it and immediately started my work to convert it into my very own Thundercracker with my own style (sadly, after I was halfway through, I noticed it was leaning towards Henkei :p )

Now, after a total of 18hrs of work, he's finished... sorta... You can still see some of the green paint on him if you look closely, but this is a prototype still :) 
    This marks my very FIRST whole repaint of a figure, rather than the touch ups I've been doing so far, pictures bellow, I hope you enjoy :) 

Jet pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Robot pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Close up on the detailing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Painted behind the forearm so that it's totally hidden in Jet mode to give it a more "realistic" look

[​IMG]
    Didn't want to paint over the insignia, so painted around it, it came out pretty decent but will work on it more over

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Picture with my Custom T_C Universe Starscream
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally being added to the collection and has been converted 100%, Thundercracker will now resemble me in my Funnies comic with a fist full of lighting and a presence as striking as a thunder roar :D 

* Painted using Tomaya Metallic Blue (courtesy of TCracker, thank you for your advice on the choice :D ), Tomaya Chrome Silver for the obvious parts, Tomaya Royal Blue for the tail wings, and Tomaya Black for the nosecone and wheels

** I want to give him his own markings, like some thunder on the back instead of those normal red/white striped, but it might prove hard to do, any advice regarding this? :) 

*** As my very first total repaint of a figure, I'm very well DELIGHTED and PLEASED how it came out... The fact that I painted him into Thundercarcker aside, I prefer this one over the Henkei type because this has filled me with a sense of accomplishment for the work I put into making this :) 

I DEFINITELY enjoyed making him, and I really do hope you've enjoyed viewing him :) 

And as always, C & C are more than welcome

Attached Files:

2. Necro

Necro Member

Ebay:
    Thats a nice piece of work, WOW! Great paint job.

3. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Cool! Haven't been seeing any new TC's in a while. Nice job. :) 

4. startah

startah Well-Known Member

nice very clean.. really like what you did congrats!!

5. Mini-Bot

Mini-Bot Blackout Fan Girl

Oh my Primus, so awesome! I LOVE that color.

You did a wonderful job, T_C!

6. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Nice job!

7. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think youre being overly critical cause that thing is nice

8. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Taking commissions? ;) 

9. Thunder_Cracker

Thanks! :D  I'm glad you like it ^_^
    I tried my best not to leave any brush/fingerprint marks and have it look sleek and clean :) 

Thanks Mini-bot :D  It was soooo worth it xD

Thanks :D  I didn't expect it to look this good, or that others would think it looks good :lol 

Sadly, I'm too much of a coward to take commissions because I don't trust myself to do a good job >_<

Although I'm very flattered you asked :D  Maybe in the future when I get the hang of this repaint/modding thing, this is like my 3rd paint job and my first whole body repaint :D 

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh. You used the same blue as I did for mine (Tamiya, by the way, not Tomaya).

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Nice job on this. One thing I'd suggest would be a coat of primer on the figure before you start with the paint. I'm figuring this one right now myself, even if the figure is mostly white to begin with.

12. cuters

cuters Diabolist

looks good far from the look of henkei t c you can easily call this your own touch very nice

13. cuters

cuters Diabolist

this is a shamless plug but if you are interested my thunder cracker from my sig is for sale 25 us plus shipping or c.o.d sorry buddy i,m not trying to hijack your thread

14. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    excellent work there, beats the crap out of mine :thumb 

15. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Excellent repaint and homage to the original toy's color. Thundercracker's my favorite seeker, and I think you did a fine job on this.

:thumbs2: 

16. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, he looks almost stock.
    Love that shade of blue. :thumbs2: 

17. Thunder_Cracker

Oh.. so that's why Tomaya made no sense... >_> :p 

It's a great color isn't it? :D 

Yeah, I was kinda planning to do that, give it a primer layer of either white or gray then color over it, but I thought it might be a bit too thick at places and would have the paint scratch off during transformation :) 

Really? :D  Thanks alot ^_^

And no problem, hijack away xD

Ok now YOU are being modest :p  I started custom making because of you and F_R and other great Radicons here :p 

But thanks for your support :D 

Yeah, Thundercracker is my favorite seeker, let alone favorite transformer of all time, I'm glad I did him justice in this repaint color and work :D 

Thanks :D  It's a really really lovely color and I'm glad I picked it up, can't imagine it with any other color anymore

18. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Great work man! I like the extra bits in the last photo with special effects added

Botcon TC is why I got into customizing too. I was able to use a Skywarp (I actually practiced on the Ultra Magnus he was packed with first) before they got too expensive, which helped a lot with the painting because the black showing through on certain joints was fine because it matched ok. the bonus of using Acidstorn is not painting the feet and forearms so between the 2 figures it would be pretty easy to do for a beginner.

My one critique is a bit too much silver in the upper leg area. With the panel painted silver, upper leg and the majority of the torso it kind of seems over powering. That's all my opinion though. Still a great first go at repainting :thumb 

19. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Wow, he looks Great. I really love that blue color- it's SOOO perfect. It looks like you jsut need a little touch up around the joints and some nice red stripes and you've got yourself a really nice Thundercracker. Nice work man.

20. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Brilliant work! The paintjob is excellent. At first, I thought I was looking at a Masterpiece figure. :thumb