Minor/Repaint: Custom Skywarp Masterpeice

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by optimus1, Jan 6, 2007.

1. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

2. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Yeah, I saw that a few days ago and dropped my jaw all over again. Between this custom and the ones I've seen of Starscream, it's a complete mystery why Takara knowingly went the wrong route with their original release. At this point they MUST know how much money they could make off accurately colored Seekers, especially considering the prices these customs are fetching, and I f*cking hope they get on it sooner than later by releasing all 3 of them properly.

3. Emerald Twilight

Emerald Twilight Banned

MP Starscream looks better than G1 Starscream's colors any day.

This kitbash on ebay is very nice. It's nothing complicated, but the execution is good with the package and all. It's too G1 though. It lacks any form of progression or interpretation. Its unoriginal. It needs to look updated. The 80's ended a long time ago.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Tell that to everyone who lost their mind when Masterpiece Prime came out, or to everyone currently jumping out of their skin about the upcoming Masterpiece Megatron.

The Masterpiece's aren't about progression, updating or interpretation - see Classics for that - they're about finally making realistic animation accurate versions of G1 characters who otherwise had completely shite toys in the 80's, hence the outcry of MP Starscream being grey/green when it could have just as easily been colored they way that the fandom expected & wanted in the first place.

Just watch, when/if Takara release animation accurate versions of the 3 Seekers, fans will be all over it more than the original release of MP-03 could have ever hoped for, not to mention sales probably going through the roof for each of them that would dwarf anything MP-03 received.

5. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    While I respect your opinion, there is no such thing as something being too G1.

Absolutely. They would be absolutely out of their minds not to release the anime accurate versions. There are tons of people like me who just didn't buy the MP-03 due to the color scheme who would literally line up to buy one. The money to be made is just too good for them to pass up.

6. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I've seen a few of these on ebay.

There was a seller with a name of echasersdotcom, or something like that, and he did a custom MP Skywarp, complete with custom stand and custom window box! Went for over 400 dollars.....yikes.

I'll just pretend I didn't see that....

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I agree with you, but I personally hate the colors they did pick for MP Screamer. Even though I'm not a huge fan of G1, I think they should of taken the G1 paintjob and just updated it a little bit(add some more details), and make it look realistic on the mold, which wouldn't of been that hard. It was a simple paint job to begin with. Peace out.

8. Emerald Twilight

Emerald Twilight Banned

That you didn't see what? a difference of opinion? Keep doing yourself favors.

And Inception, most of what you just said is self-important fan conjecture that you are trying to cram down my throat as truth. Until you've attended the Takara business meetings and had a hand in the design process, you cannot claim any of this. Business is always about progression and improving product. They are here to make money, they don't care if you are pleased with the shade of red they used on his eyes or whatever. The fact that MP Starscream is different backs up my point. I should also point out we haven't seen a painted prototype for Megatron.

9. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    Did I say anything about your opinion? No.

I respect other people's opinion's. Your opinion is not my opinion, so I chose to ignore it for the most part. I didn't make some sort of comment that I didn't respect your opinion, or whatever.....so yeah, I'll continue to do myself favors and not get into these kind of arguments.

10. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

That beats the snot out of Takara's Greenscream.

11. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I wish I had the money to pick up a few MP Starscreams so I could do this.

12. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Question. Was this ever officially stated by Takara or Hasbro that this was the purpose of the Masterpiece line and if so, where?

13. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, that looks tons better than the seaweed Starscream we got.

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yo, short fuse... chill.

Fan conjecture is fan conjecture. We're fans, and we'll "conject" as much as we want... and when we're making comments on what we consider to be self-evident observations about what we've seen in the fandom and in the market, I don't think anybody needs to provide polaroids of them standing next to Hasbro CEO's to justify these observations.

As for HasTak execs wanting to make money... sure, that's true, but that doesn't mean that they always go about it the right way. Actually, business is often NOT about progression or improving product... more often, it involves cutting costs on materials and assembly, and maintaining a policy of planned obsolesence in their products. As you say, it's about making money... and that isn't always the same thing as making your customers happy.

Progression or homage, no matter how you look at it, MP Starscream simply is what he is. However, I would still "conject" that a G1 coloured MP Starscream would have been a bigger mover... considering that an expensive item like this one is largely aimed at hardcore fans, and such fans more often than not, respond to homage-laden material.

However, I expect a G1-coloured version will be released anyway... since releasing the green version before the G1 version is probably the best way to ensure that fans chomping at the bit will buy more than one. There is an established business acumen behind repaints, after all...

zmog

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

don't know... i like the more realistic look of mp3, and wish that if they did do a mp skywarp, that they make it realistic too. after all, who's ever heard of a black purple f-15?

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    that custom is awsum and so is this thread except the bit where that emerald guy spazzing out.

17. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I would imagine fans of "The Transformers"....using that logic, who's ever heard of a transforming F-15?

18. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm noticing very troll-like behavior from this new Emerald kid. Going at the rate he is, he'll soon outrank FP for TFW2005's biggest asshole who only posts to start & bait arguements.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Yes sir. I was just going to say the same thing. Considering we're talking about an 80's toyline about giant robots from another planet who transform into Earth vehicles and whatnot, the last question anyone should be worried about asking is whether or not a black & purple F-15 is realistic or believable.

20. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool custom. If only Hastak would get on the ball with doing these proper G1 homages, they'd have more money than they'd know what to do with.

Tho after seeing this, I wonder how hard it would be to modify the mold to do a proper Air Raid out of it?