Minor/Repaint: Custom Prowl and Silverstreak Binaltech Alt

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Golgo-013, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

I've been working on a lot Alt projects lately and finally got around to taking some pics. Next up is Trailbreaker and Red Alert customs.

This is my Prowl conversion from BTA-01. All of the red was painted white and the forearms black. Painted the red on legs to silver and black. Painted the rims silver. A Prowl head and hands and some reprolabels. The big autobot symbol on the left arm is the orginal BTA-01 one, I just painted around it. And some missle launchers to match the G1 toy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's my reference.

[​IMG]

Silverstreak isn't a custom, I just took some pics of him too. I do plan on changing him to Bluestreak, painting the forearms black, Prowl hands, and a 1/24 carbon fiber decal for the hood. It's hard to do because the silver paint on the hood of this binaltech is really nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Where do you get the shoulder cannons for the Subaru mold?

3. [Smoke]

[Smoke] Maverick Reploid

Those appear to be from the Binaltech Arming sets you can get on eBay, although thsoe also come with extra items. There's two sets basically, one containing one grey or black missile launcher, three lightsabers in scale with the BT/Alts, and a silver or gold plated Star Saber. Sometimes these sets contain a bonus launcher, but it depends on the seller. The other set contains two grey or black missile launchers and a silver or gold plated Star Saber. The Star Saber has minicon ports on it and fits on figures from other lines too, the BTs and Alts have some trouble holding it depending on the hands.

I got a set of two grey launchers and a silver Star Saber, and they're pretty cool. They work on the Mazda mold too.

Nemesis Prime holding the Star Saber:
    [​IMG]
    Meister with a missile launcher:
    [​IMG]

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    An easy way to turn Silverstreak into Bluestreak is to just remove the hood, roof, and rear windows from a alt Ricochet and put them on Streak. I'd remove the flames from the hood first though.

5. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Now that's look like a prowlanybody would want, excellent job Golgo.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Wow!

I like the regular Alt Prowl mold, but... just wow! It's beautiful! This is what Alt Prowl SHOULD have been from the beginning!! Silly HasTak!

Prowl was my first transformer, and I'll always have a soft spot for him, and you just nailed the resemblance.

Great work!

zmog

7. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Excellent! Still think the Alt. Prowl head needs paint (never liked the off-white), but the molding still works for the character.

The missile launchers look like 1/2 Smokescreen repros, and 1/2 chromed something else with chromed missiles? Where'd the chromed parts come from?

-XCN-

8. Golgo-013

Thanks guys. The launchers are Binaltech Arming. I bought a bunch in bulk and got a deal on them. I put launchers on everyone of my Binaltech that had them on the G1 toy.

I would rather the head be painted, but I decided that it would be hard enough to get the paint right on the head with all the details that I would just leave it. I'm having a tough time with my Red Alert head which I completely painted, It's just really hard to get a perfectly smooth finish like from the factory and that is what I want.

That's a good idea with ricochet Galvatron, I've been putting off Bluestreak because he looks so good stock as Silverstreak, the paint is exceptionally good on this Binaltech.

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Those look great! My BTA Red Alert is destined to become this, as well, but I haven't done the painting yet. Using the Prowl hands is a great idea, though, I'm going to do the same if you don't mind.

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gorgeous Prowl!

11. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Great stuff.

12. Golgo-013

Alt mode, reprolabels and painted the rims.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]