Customs: Custom Parts From Alyosha's

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by REDLINE, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I FINALLLLLLLY got my Translucent Wheeljack headback and a gunbarrel for my Decepticharge in the mail today. I got one for my Windcharger when he was brand new, but was unable to get one for Decepticharge. I ordered these nearly two full months ago. check it:

[​IMG]

notice the red circles, top one is his printout of the email he got from Paypal showing that he'd recieved money from me, that's the date he got it. The bottom one is the date in which the padded envelope is post-marked. Also notice that it only took 2 days for it to actually arrive here from the date it was shipped. He says he mailed me a set 3 weeks ago. After 9 days I contacted him and he said he'd send out a second set the next day and I told him that if I ended up with two sets I'd send one of 'em back to him. Fast-forward two whole weeks later, and I finally recieve them, only to see it was just sent day before yesterday.

Anyways, the good news. Firstly, my Dragstrip is finally no longer picking on Windcharger. Secondly, I finally have lightpiping for Wheeljack, as mother nature intended. I already painted it up with black and used future floor to coat it so that its a perfect match to the black paint to the head front.... left the ears and center of the helmet alone so that both the eyes and ears can glow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andy

2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I ordered a repro head for my Alt Swerve back in January from Alyosha's. It took about 2 months to arrive. Funny thing is, the first time I emailed him asking about where my swerve head was, he told me he would be shipping it soon. I waited a month, then replied again. He had claimed he sent me the head a month ago, and was also known to take time sending things out, so his products could have quality. About 1 month passed, and I finally got the "2nd" shipped head. The quality was good, but knowing about the long delay/wait would of been good.

3. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yeah I hear you. If I'd KNOWN it would be a two month deal, I'd have been fine with it, but at the same time, even then I bet it wouldn't be here if I'd not emailed him about where the hell is it.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well, I think all of you guys have commented well on the topic of communication. It would seem that if things are going to take this long from him, the least he could do is keep people posted. I think this guy has a good thing going, but things like this can stop that really quickly.

That being said (and running the risk of sounding redundant), at least you got your head; I'm still waiting on my WJ heads from KCC . . .

I wish Ken well, but some on his end needs to at least communicate with those of us who still have outstanding orders.

5. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yeah, that's true. As unfortunate as things have been on his end, he DID get a lot of people's money...

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Glad you got your stuff Redline, but its reasons like these why I wont deal with him.....poor business sense is a turn-off to me all the time.

7. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I know the guys who run Alyoshas corner and I know they were waiting on silicon and one of the other guys father is in rough shape, I orderd my stuff and it usually takes two-three weeks. Not trying to make excuses for em just fillin people in.

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Sure, but REDLINE's argument is that even if that's the case, he should have been told.

I also find it odd that someone from Alyosha's corner doesn't post here . . .

9. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    He has been here under the name elrodthealbino, I agree communication would be better, I just regged on his board and asked him and got a response a few hrs later, I also got him to cast me some specialty parts that were not listed.

10. plowking

News Credits:
    I agree 100%.

I understand that "real life" situations take priority, but one has to remember that when running ANY type of business, if it be for fun, hobby or whatever, communication is the key.

I once saw an eBay auction they/he had, one of the stipulations was that it may take up to 21 days to get your product.....it still took over a month for the buyer to get his stuff....

I still say it boils down to poor business sense/bad communication skills.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, the dude has some sweet looking products...I would have loved to have had a red translucent WJ head for my Mad Doc custom....but the above mentioned problems killed that idea for me.

11. NegaPrime

NegaPrime Banned

I ordered a set of repro G1 Thrust missles from him on March 13. His website clearly states to expect 4 weeks for delivery. Sure, no problem.

Mid April rolls around and I email him on April 18 asking where my goods were, and he replied with a bunch of reasons why he was late, and to expect my product by the end of the following week. Once again, sure, no problem.

The entire month of May passes, and still no word from him, no product, no answer to an additional email I sent him in mid May.

I would rather have the damn missles than my $9 back, but it's starting to look like it's chargeback time. I just emailed him again today, we'll see what the response is.

12. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I have ordered from him 3 or 4 times. It always took at LEAST a month or TWO sometimes.

I'm not happy with it, but, I got my stuff eventually, and I really don't know who else to go to for this stuff.

So, while the service indeed sucks, I'm just glad that they do this custom cast stuff to begin with.

If anyone knows who else to go to, I'm all ears.

13. plowking

News Credits:
    Maybe we could petition Sculpt-bot to start doing some....he is our resident head caster

14. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Coming from the casters side, I know that doing this stuff can take a while. With a 50+ hour job, a Wife and 2 kids, I barely find time to do some of the stuff that I want to do. As much as I would love to get you guys what you need (not to mention the practice), I would probably have the same wait times that this guy does. I guess the only difference is I would try to communicate the wait time as realistically as possible.
    I have a notoriously troubled PC, which has been delaying my recent orders (as PK knows!) but I still try to communicate what is going on (truthfully) as much as possible.
    If I had ordered from this gentleman and he chose to bullshit me to have me off his back for a couple of months longer, I would probably stop using his services. Even if I eventually received my products. Lying to your clientelle is not a good business practice. Based on RLs first post, I don't think this guy is extremely forthcoming with whatever his real situation is.

15. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I ordered 2 heads in April. As there is buyer protection via Paypal, after 42 days I filed a complaint. He then shipped out 2 new heads, saying I could just return the original 2 when I received them. 15 days after he said he shipped the second heads, I received them. I still haven't seen the first 2 yet.

16. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes.

17. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Two months to ship it... and it only took three days to arive? That's BULLSH*T! I don't care how good his parts are, that's just ridiculous.

I remember back in the 90s I ordered a Hasbro MOSC BW Tigatron from a guy in the UK, took a YEAR to ship and he sent me a Japanese one... when I paid $100 for an American one.

I'm sorry, but bad business practices like that, regardless of the quality of the product, just piss me off.

Although I'm glad to see you got your parts RL. and they do look pretty cool.

18. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yeah. I'm glad I ordered them (now), and they're sweet as hell, but damn, all I was asking was that he keep me informed. I cant imagine waiting a year for an auction I'd won though. shit, I'd be dealing with Ebay or the CC company or something.

19. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Well, with the absence of Ken and Transrepro.com, it seems the rally of the customs community has been for another person(s) pick up where Ken left off with reproduction/customized parts. I really thought that Aloyosha's site was going to be the place to do that (and it still very well could be if business practices improves). Still, I'd really like to see a small handfull of different persons doing this sort of thing.

20. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Those pieces look pretty good in the photo, I'm curious about their quality in person. How do they compare to a part that's factory made?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.