Non-TF: Custom Paint: Tuskegee A-10/Red Tail Warthog

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Infosaur, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

(Okay, I have no idea why this inverted. I put it on two other forums just fine)

IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG

So a few months back I got the idea in my head for an A-10 in Tuskegee colors, and for the first time in ages I played "stump the internet" and won!

Can't believe nobody else thought of it.

So I finally had some time and decided to paint it up myself and I must say it looks gooooooood!

• Like Like x 2
  2. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Nice, The original HBO movie was my introduction to the Tuskegee Airmen. This is perfect, as they started out in ground attack roles. even sinking a ship with a P-47 Thunderbolt, if I remember correctly.

3. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

Nice work!

4. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Actually turns out there's still a connection.

Tuskegee were part of the 332nd Fighter group. The unit was deactivated in the post WWII draw down but the historic unit was brought back into being during the Operation Southern Watch (as the 332d Expeditionary Operations Group) if I read the Wiki correctly (not intimately familiar with military jargon) they either fly or support various planes (C-130s, Predator Drones, F-16s and I can't find it now but I swear I saw they had some A-10s in their operations too.)

So,,, cool.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017