Heavy/Scratch: Custom NEMESIS Command Center

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by samsallspark, Dec 28, 2010.

1. samsallspark

samsallspark Well-Known Member

First off I want to say I've seen some of the best customs here on this site and I wanted to share one of my projects here, The NEMESIS Command Center(the best part is I'm going to put up pics for you to make it yourself). but here's Some W.I.P. pics to wet your appetite while I fix some of the images for everyone to print their own.

Mississippi Transformers Collectors Club | Facebook

I'll have all the pics up to make your own this week with complete directions.

I will be building Iacon/ark Autobot Playset for you to use as well.

The only reason for the facebook link is so I do not have to resize these pics.

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Wow, that's some piece of work! There are one or two corners that look like they could use a little extra support to be on the safe side, but as long as the base material's stiff enough (and given that you've got Deluxe class figs on the top floor, I assume it is), it shouldn't be an issue.
    So what's the idea, here - print the files out and laminate them onto stiff card? I'm a fan of printable model sets; pity I can't get my printer to run on this computer. :p 

3. samsallspark

I assembled it on cardstock, but I do rec using foamcore to make the walls sturdy enough to hold the weight of your figures. ( I put together the prototype to see if there were going to be image issues, such as the computer screens). I'm working right now on the updated walls so anyone can print them out.

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice stuff, I would def. want one. Please keep us updated

5. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Facebook is blocked at work, but this sounds cool! I'll check it out when I get home (unless someone can post pics in thread before then)...

6. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    thnx man... love it, now gimme the autobot base :D  hahah

7. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great idea! Future add-ons would be nice too.

8. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    VERY sweet! Love papercraft dio stuff!

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is awesome stuff. Reminds me of the Teletran-1 :) 

10. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Awesome stuff, I do like multi level displays :thumb 

11. samsallspark

I should have everything up by this weekend, once all the pieces are up I'll get started on the AUTOBOT IACON/ARK Command Center. I'll also post some "ADD ON" Pieces once both projects are completed.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Your stuff sir, has just been YOINK'ed. For such awesomeness must be owned by me.

And once I make use of said materials (likely with default and kitbashed stuff) I shall likely post pictures some where.

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

In case you hadn't noticed, if you wait a bit, it can be owned by you. He's gonna be posting the parts so they can be printed out.

14. Rexidus

News Credits:
    I did notice and haven't closed this window just to keep the tread up so I can check back in a couple days to see if it's up yet.

15. samsallspark

Almost all the pieces are up, I'm reworking the last 2 pieces today, check out the link at the start of this thread and start building yours TODAY!

16. Rexidus

News Credits:
    I don't know if you intend to do this or not but if you want more people to use this you need to make it more user friendly.

Some tips to accomplish this:

*Make each page separate. Currently your images are big and you say to use MS Paint to print it over multiple pages. You should manually do this for ease of use. Make each piece its own page/file preferably with text indicating what section it belongs to.

*Name the pictures the correct name. When I clicked Download High Rez version I was given a string of numbers I didn't care about. You should have the file name be the piece name. I downloaded them twice, the second time I manually changed its name to the corresponding piece.

*Have clearer instructions. During my second download sprint I manually copied into a text document the instructions you posted with each piece. Most won't bother with that and will become frustrated with this and give up. It would be helpful if each picture contained the instructions on them. At the very least have each picture label itself visually and an instruction document textually indicate what you have to do.

*Create one file. It's a pain in the tookus to manually download all the files. Try to create a PDF of them. At the very least make a single .zip file.

Like I said, I don't know if you were already planning on doing any of the above but if you want more people to use your product you have to make it as user friendly as possible. So I am trying to help. (Wow that sounded so stuck up...)

Oh, I guess I could direct you to my sig where I have a link to papercraft energon cubes I made if you want to accentuate the diorama.

17. samsallspark

Since most people use print shops I don't think that it'll be an issue, but I will take the suggestion under advisement. ( The directions are actually one of the pictures in the folder), And now all pieces are up to build your own, I hope you all enjoy building this for your collections. Coming Soon......The IACON/ARK Autobot Command Center.

18. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Great stuff man. Looking forward to seeing Iacon.

19. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Thanks again for doing this. :thumbs2: 

I hope I downloaded the pieces correctly, they were 720px × 533px in size. Is that right?

20. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

Dude this is completely awesome. But the most amazing part is you're giving it away for free. Austin Powers just asked "who does that?" You Rock!:rock