Heavy/Scratch: Custom Movieverse Kup

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by thaneofcremona, Oct 11, 2011.

1. thaneofcremona

thaneofcremona Member

Now I know that I have not seen many actual vehicles on the site. It is a transformers site after all. But I figured I would share my truck with everyone. I have loved transformers since I was a kid and owning tonnes of my favourite characters is get but I wanted to build one of my favourites.Yes it is my representation of what I think Kup's vehicle mode would be. I took a 2000 Dakota 5.9 R/T and started.

I know that Kup is a battle hardened warrior and shouldn't be all shiney but if Prime can have a flame job why can't Kup look good. I started by removing the old wheels and tires and slapped up some 20" rims and tires, Added some nice leather seats. Gave Kup some grunt by added in a custom Magnaflow exhaust and headers. Added in some more grunt with a CAI, TB spacer, Chipped the motor to a stage 2. Needless to say Kup can keep up with Bumblebee. Rear seat is now a stereo (clearly). Last step was to dress him up Autobot style. Added to the fenders chrome Autobot symbols off the Bumblebee camaro And replaced the knob to the stereo with a Nest Autobot symbol. Still have more flare to add to him but you got to Start somewhere.

Attached Files:

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    awesome. I would pull the ram logos off the rear fenders and replace w/ black autobot symbols, the shape's already there. Leave the outline/border too.

3. Pyps

Pyps Germany┬┤s Customizer

must be green, I think

4. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Not necessarily. Look at the characters in Bay's films. Ironhide was black, Jazz was plain silver, Mirage/Dino was red, etc.

5. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    For this you has to Know that bay oriented ob diaclone and then the colours would fit

Very nice mods BTW Love the RAM :) 

6. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man, why Kup when you can be inspired by the big guy himself? alternator prime is a dodge ram

7. tannim31

tannim31 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would love to get ahold of the 2011 Chevy Montana and do a Kup conversion, it's almost line for line a duplicate of the Generations Kup. I love the idea of you using the Dodge Ram for your project :) 

Attached Files:

8. tannim31

tannim31 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    looking at the pics again of your Ram I agree with Stream, that would make a superb Prime, with very little mods :) 

9. fishformers

fishformers THE freaky fish guy!

News Credits:
    You sir are my hero!!!!!

10. sigmaprime

sigmaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    having experience around old people, i doubt kup would like 20 inch rims and a backseat that is a stereo, but maybe movie kup is only 20 so who knows

11. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I couldn't agree more! :thumbs2: 

12. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

i cant tell from the pic but is that a autobot symbol on the front of the car? either way everything looks bad ass!

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I would have thought he be a little rusted.

14. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

Your Dodge turned out really nice. I did a little "re-badgeing" of my 2001 Yukon with some Autobot emblems. I never did give it a name, it's bright white and didn't really remind me of a cool character. Good work on this one though, I think Kup would look good as a hopped up Dakota!!

15. Nujevad

Nujevad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not to belittle all of of the hard work you did on your truck, but if that's supposed to be Kup and your reasoning behind it is that "it's the movie-verse, they don't have to look like their original selves", then it's possible for me to pick up a pencil, slap on an Autobot logo and call it Grimlock.

16. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I'd never heard of the Chevrolet Montana before, but it looks like a cute and sporty little truck. Too bad it'll probably never be stateside.

I always pictured Kup as a Chevrolet SSR, myself. Like the Camaro, the SSR has the perfect mix of new and retro. Kup is supposed to be old, yes - but he was also supposed to be a "futuristic" pick-up truck. And based on his performance in TFTM86, Kup was pretty speedy. (Some of the SSRs had the same engine that they used in the Corvette at the time - the LS2.)

I found a couple of SSRs that could pass as Kup...I'm not going to hotlink it but I'm too lazy to upload it, so if you're interested:

...I think you get the idea. I always thought an SSR Alternator reshell would be awesome. (Still do!)

Does Kup need to be blue/green? No. But I don't think red is a good choice for him...too sporty. Plus red is associated with Optimus Prime, Hot Rod, Sideswipe, and Windcharger, among others. Good choices, IMO...black, silver, maybe even some shade of purple...though that might be pushing it. White might be a good choice, too...lots of work trucks are white.

17. Armoredrah

Armoredrah Junkion

Alternator Prime, no doubt about it.