Non-TF: Custom Movie Incredible Hulk

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by crusader_x, May 16, 2008.

1. crusader_x

crusader_x Autobot Psi-borg

[​IMG]

http://www.firebladecomics.com/customs/hulk.html

Read the comic featuring the figure: "The Hulk Goes Green"

With the new Incredible Hulk movie due out in June, it seemed like a good time to do a Hulk custom. The 6 inch Hulk from the movie line has good articulation and is a nice size to fit in with Marvel Legends so I knew I had to get him. He was actually fun to paint and didn't need any real improvement to the original mold. I opted to go with a more vivid green paint scheme than the one that the figure came with. This was my first time using an airbrush on a figure and since it turned out so well, laying down the paint so smooth, I will definately be focusing on doing more airbrushing on figures from here on out. I kept the original figure's eyes since they had nice detail and I didn't want to lose that.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Boy oh' boy is that a nice bright green!

3. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    No offense, but nothing can save that thing. I sat in Target the other night for like 20 minutes debating buying one to repaint, but it's a lost cause.

Plastic turd.

Shoulda just went for it though and gave him purple pants though :) 

4. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL I kinda agree, I am using just the head and making a mid hulkafication figure where half the body is still human. What don't you like about it though?

5. crusader_x

crusader_x Autobot Psi-borg

Well thanks for the feedback, I liked the figure, I mean it's not a great figure but it isn't bad once you get him out of the plastic. I am working on a gray variant and possibly a red version as well, although I will be totally redoing the eyes this time.

6. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Well since you asked... ;) 

The mold isn't great to begin with, plus with all the strained veins and that business with the neck, looks more like a bad Liefeld drawing brought to life. I don't care for those ball joints on the legs, although I guess most of the Marvel figs use that too (although I'm not much a fan of those either). And the qc on them is awful too. I've never seen one that has the eyes painted to both be looking in the same direction, it's... creepy. Also, there is tons of excess untrimmed flash too. I don't care about the scale with other Marvel lines, but to be a Hulk figure he is kind of tiny, really, since he's what 15 feet in the movie? The face really looks weird to me too, as does the hair too. I dunno, just not feeling it.

/rant

I like the idea of doing a red one though, that was going to be my plan when I almost got one the other day actually. But yeah, crusader didn't mean to dismiss your work, it made the thing look tons better with your repaint for sure. Good job on that end!