Customs: Custom Movie Figures. WOW

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Lion, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Sami, you don't need any more money. :) 

2. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Don't ever say that.

3. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Don't ever say that.

4. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Wow that Bumblebee is ridiculously well done! Jazz is nice too but I wished it was non battle damage XD

5. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Wow that Bumblebee is ridiculously well done! Jazz is nice too but I wished it was non battle damage XD

6. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

Jin never lets down with the customs, whether they be Transformers of Marvel Legends~

7. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

Jin never lets down with the customs, whether they be Transformers of Marvel Legends~

8. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

Wreckage looks great.

SS looks great too, but I wonder why he went with that color.

BB...blech. Shitty panel lining and some so so detail work...not everything needs panel lining.

9. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

Wreckage looks great.

SS looks great too, but I wonder why he went with that color.

BB...blech. Shitty panel lining and some so so detail work...not everything needs panel lining.

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's hardly ever inbetween on these boards, it's either love or hate, haha

I think they all look great, he does wonderful work, and if people want to pay that much for his stuff, hey, that's their business, no reason to knock HIM for it

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's hardly ever inbetween on these boards, it's either love or hate, haha

I think they all look great, he does wonderful work, and if people want to pay that much for his stuff, hey, that's their business, no reason to knock HIM for it

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'm never going to be able to bring myself to harshly judge people's work, particularly in this forum. It doesn't matter where you start or what you decide to do, kitbashing or repainting a Transformer is difficult work. Some folks spend a lot of time and practice getting it right, others spend a small amount of time and get a result they want, even if it's not picture perfect or as incredible as Saotome's stuff.

As kitbashers, model-builders, repainters, etc...everyone has room for improvement. I bet that if you got a chance to chat with Saotome, he'd note things that he might wish he'd done differently or better.

I certainly don't believe for a second that 90% of what shows up in this forum is bad. As a matter of fact, I'd say 90% of what shows up in this forum is fantastic, with the other 10% needing some positive encouragement!

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'm never going to be able to bring myself to harshly judge people's work, particularly in this forum. It doesn't matter where you start or what you decide to do, kitbashing or repainting a Transformer is difficult work. Some folks spend a lot of time and practice getting it right, others spend a small amount of time and get a result they want, even if it's not picture perfect or as incredible as Saotome's stuff.

As kitbashers, model-builders, repainters, etc...everyone has room for improvement. I bet that if you got a chance to chat with Saotome, he'd note things that he might wish he'd done differently or better.

I certainly don't believe for a second that 90% of what shows up in this forum is bad. As a matter of fact, I'd say 90% of what shows up in this forum is fantastic, with the other 10% needing some positive encouragement!

14. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ops said it best.

Back on topic, I WANT BONECRUSHER.

15. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ops said it best.

Back on topic, I WANT BONECRUSHER.

16. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    They look great, but the black panel lining is way to dark on BB's vehicle mode.

17. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    They look great, but the black panel lining is way to dark on BB's vehicle mode.

18. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

i'm gonna have to agree. They're awesome looking figures but for 400$+ jeez, i can't comprehend that. Scorponok is the most amazing one imo but he doesn't seem to be going for anything for some reason. The starscream looks great but the tan looks off. I thought he was gunship grey? also the Black detailing on bumblebee stands out in vehicle mode too much, you can see all the panel lines. His brawl was amazing, so is the scorponok, but i don't see anything uber special about the rest.

i'ma have to break out the paint brushes.

19. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

i'm gonna have to agree. They're awesome looking figures but for 400$+ jeez, i can't comprehend that. Scorponok is the most amazing one imo but he doesn't seem to be going for anything for some reason. The starscream looks great but the tan looks off. I thought he was gunship grey? also the Black detailing on bumblebee stands out in vehicle mode too much, you can see all the panel lines. His brawl was amazing, so is the scorponok, but i don't see anything uber special about the rest.

i'ma have to break out the paint brushes.

20. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.