Customs: Custom Movie Figures. WOW

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Lion, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like them, they do look sharp. bumblebee is the only one I dont care for. all the other are great. I wouldnt want to ever bid against the nemesis kid. he's got the money to shut people down.

2. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like them, they do look sharp. bumblebee is the only one I dont care for. all the other are great. I wouldnt want to ever bid against the nemesis kid. he's got the money to shut people down.

3. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Ratchet's feet are not black, they have his green/yellow color and a little bit of metla color. Just pointing that out since your going for movie accuracy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Ratchet's feet are not black, they have his green/yellow color and a little bit of metla color. Just pointing that out since your going for movie accuracy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Lowe

Lowe Active Member

Jin,
    I'm sorry. I just got kind of angry and carried away that my things don't sell for crap. Appreciate the invitation for help.

Best,
    Rob

6. Lowe

Lowe Active Member

Jin,
    I'm sorry. I just got kind of angry and carried away that my things don't sell for crap. Appreciate the invitation for help.

Best,
    Rob

7. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You seem to be a class act Jin. I really enjoy your work and it has inspired me to start my customs again.

Jealousy can be a pretty ugly thing. Good to see some of you admit that.

8. funkatron101

Ebay:
    You seem to be a class act Jin. I really enjoy your work and it has inspired me to start my customs again.

Jealousy can be a pretty ugly thing. Good to see some of you admit that.

9. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Jin ! ! !.......way to go ! ! !

I never doubted you for a second.
    When the auctions ended w/ nemesiskid as the winner I knew it was the real deal - He's bought a custom from me before and paid right away.
    I was surprised he didn't win the battle damaged Jazz as the custom he bought from me was a battle damage TF.

Keep up the good work & don't forget to post 'em here as well ! ! !

TTT

10. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Jin ! ! !.......way to go ! ! !

I never doubted you for a second.
    When the auctions ended w/ nemesiskid as the winner I knew it was the real deal - He's bought a custom from me before and paid right away.
    I was surprised he didn't win the battle damaged Jazz as the custom he bought from me was a battle damage TF.

Keep up the good work & don't forget to post 'em here as well ! ! !

TTT

11. nemesis-kidd

nemesis-kidd Nemesis Enforcer

Jin's work is even more amazing in person! Wreckage and Brawl are things of beauty! I will treasure his customs for a lifetime. Yeah, I missed out on Final Battle Jazz... damn computer froze on me, heh! >(

And TransTorture, when are we gonna see more of your customs?! Your Battle Damage Smokescreen fits in so well with Jin's works. My photo skills wouldn't do justice to how I have all of these displayed.

12. nemesis-kidd

nemesis-kidd Nemesis Enforcer

Jin's work is even more amazing in person! Wreckage and Brawl are things of beauty! I will treasure his customs for a lifetime. Yeah, I missed out on Final Battle Jazz... damn computer froze on me, heh! >(

And TransTorture, when are we gonna see more of your customs?! Your Battle Damage Smokescreen fits in so well with Jin's works. My photo skills wouldn't do justice to how I have all of these displayed.

13. JinSaotome

JinSaotome Banned

Ebay:
    Nemesis!! What's up man? Thanks soooo much by the way. *bows* You made my day.

Thanks everyone here at TF World for the warm welcome! Ahh, Ratchet's feet, thanks. The pic I had of him didn't have his feet in it, lol. I'll paint them for the winner if they wish, too late to alter the auction now.

Lowe, it's no problem at all. My knowledge are at your disposal. It took me a very long time to work up to this level and have the kind of sales I do. Like, 15 years I'd say. Here's a little background on me, a quick history of what I've done to help you understand me a little better.

I use to put together model cars and planes when I was around 6 or so but really didn't have any painting experience. From there I advanced to those gundam/patlabor kits and got the hang of basic model work. As a teen I worked at a few hobby shops and comic shops because I liked the biz, practicing my painting and assembly skills on those metal mini-figs for gaming and various kits. I picked up a Games Workshop pamphlet that described the basic techniques and went from there. I ended up with a job at a large gaming/sci-fi shop and they had me paint armies of those miniatures all day, bases, diorama work, etc. Customers would hire me to build model kits they bought there too. I brought in some custom Star Wars figures I did to display at the shop and a customer asked me to sell them.

I didn't want to at first but realized I could always make more and would be able to finance my figure collection further. I was originally making custom Magic the Gathering cards (originals, not reprinting Black Lotus or Moxes) for people until Wizards of the Coast got on my case. My cards were showing up at tournaments and they couldn't risk getting sued from Marvel, Squaresoft, or whoever else owned the characters I was putting on the cards. So with that gone, I started making customs and selling those. I'm 29 now and I've been doing that for the last 14 years or so.

14. JinSaotome

JinSaotome Banned

Ebay:
    Nemesis!! What's up man? Thanks soooo much by the way. *bows* You made my day.

Thanks everyone here at TF World for the warm welcome! Ahh, Ratchet's feet, thanks. The pic I had of him didn't have his feet in it, lol. I'll paint them for the winner if they wish, too late to alter the auction now.

Lowe, it's no problem at all. My knowledge are at your disposal. It took me a very long time to work up to this level and have the kind of sales I do. Like, 15 years I'd say. Here's a little background on me, a quick history of what I've done to help you understand me a little better.

I use to put together model cars and planes when I was around 6 or so but really didn't have any painting experience. From there I advanced to those gundam/patlabor kits and got the hang of basic model work. As a teen I worked at a few hobby shops and comic shops because I liked the biz, practicing my painting and assembly skills on those metal mini-figs for gaming and various kits. I picked up a Games Workshop pamphlet that described the basic techniques and went from there. I ended up with a job at a large gaming/sci-fi shop and they had me paint armies of those miniatures all day, bases, diorama work, etc. Customers would hire me to build model kits they bought there too. I brought in some custom Star Wars figures I did to display at the shop and a customer asked me to sell them.

I didn't want to at first but realized I could always make more and would be able to finance my figure collection further. I was originally making custom Magic the Gathering cards (originals, not reprinting Black Lotus or Moxes) for people until Wizards of the Coast got on my case. My cards were showing up at tournaments and they couldn't risk getting sued from Marvel, Squaresoft, or whoever else owned the characters I was putting on the cards. So with that gone, I started making customs and selling those. I'm 29 now and I've been doing that for the last 14 years or so.

15. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Man...all i gotta say is wow! You actually inspired me to start trying these things for myself. Although im aiming a little to high for a beginner. I could learn a few things from you and the other fellows here. I touched up Barricade in car mode mostly but also in robot mode. This was to get used to painting fine details and working with the brushes. The paint is not the best though, it's just old paint i had laying around the house that my girlfriend doesn't need. If you want i can post pictures, but the touch ups are minor and not great, lol.

16. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Man...all i gotta say is wow! You actually inspired me to start trying these things for myself. Although im aiming a little to high for a beginner. I could learn a few things from you and the other fellows here. I touched up Barricade in car mode mostly but also in robot mode. This was to get used to painting fine details and working with the brushes. The paint is not the best though, it's just old paint i had laying around the house that my girlfriend doesn't need. If you want i can post pictures, but the touch ups are minor and not great, lol.

17. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Well, I must say they do look nice. But that's about it. I actually prefer the original versions on most of them.

18. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Well, I must say they do look nice. But that's about it. I actually prefer the original versions on most of them.

19. funkatron101

Ebay:
    You want them to feel,smell, and taste nice as well?

20. funkatron101

Ebay:
    You want them to feel,smell, and taste nice as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.