Custom Menasor/Stunticons now on ebay (by frenzy_rumble)

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by frenzyrumble, Sep 8, 2008.

1. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Congrats F_R :thumb 

2. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You gonna tell him it ain't worth it, cause I sure as hell ain't... I wish I had the money!!!

3. icefox

icefox Black GFC

Congrats! I can't wait to see your next project.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks,
    The guy instantly paid, then proceeded to order a MP Predaking.

5. zfeakye

zfeakye Starscreaming Slut

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope you're gonna just make ONE predaking....give more people a chance to own it...

6. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Congratulations on the auction, pulled in the kind of $$$$ it deserved. Great piece of art and my only gripe is I don't have the bucks for something like that!

7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Coming over to the east coast?

8. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Congrats man, well worth it for such a cracking one-off.

I've got a horrible suspicion that Bruticus will be ready at the same time my bonus is due. I've got other plans for it, so must try to resist!

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yep. Coming back to the east coast. save me some crabs in maryland.

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would love for a season set or abominus using some of the terrorcons from energon. sweet jesus.

11. Code

Code Banned

Ebay:
    aw sstay in so cal!

Your transfomres will get wet in east coast ;o

12. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    I can’t say I’m too impressed with this. Maybe it’s because, unlike Devastator, I recognize the molds for all the characters here and know how good they looked originally, it seems that the redecos fall short of what I expected from you. Breakdown and Dead End are okay, although I’m a little puzzled why the wheels are reversed on Dead End’s shoulders. Motormaster’s colours are a little flat, but not as much as Wildrider’s; his black paint job looking extremely tacky and not as slick as what I usually see from black cars. Drag Strip is, to be honest, complete pants. Since I’m familiar with Mirage’s and Fracture’s colour schemes, I know how much this mold benefits from having a sporty paint job. And considering it’s more of an update than a straight remake of the original mold (I distinctly remember Drag Strip having six wheels), there’s no reason why you can’t update his colours accordingly. Instead, it seems you’ve fallen into Takara’s trap of reproducing a G1-accurate scheme that looks dreadfully flat by today’s standards. The decision to try and paint over his canopy in a half-hearted attempt to make it look open is even worse than what Takara did for Skyfire. I also fail to see why he wasn’t given Mirage’s weapon, since it only means there will be kibble left over. (Ditto for Dead End.)

But where the crud really hits the fan is the Stunticons’ combined form. Again, after seeing your custom Devastator, I’m appalled by this rendition of Menasor. The biggest fault lies in the sheer amount of gestalt kibble required. I can understand if spare hands, feet and a head are required for the assembly, but when you have entire limbs that aren’t part of the individual combiners, you know something is wrong. What amazes me is the way Motormaster’s legs laughably stick out behind Menasor in a more conspicuous manner than Scattershot’s legs on Computron, and you obviously tried to hide that fact from the angle of your photographs. Why on Earth couldn’t you kitbash Motormaster so that his legs formed Menasor’s thighs? Speaking of kitbashing, the way the other combiners form part of the gestalt looks incredibly dodgy. Drag Strip and Dead End are just there, stuck to Menasor’s shoulders, and it’s clear that Breakdown and Wildrider can’t form Menasor’s legs without removing some parts. More leftover kibble, it seems. Finally, I’m a little jaded by the fact that you reused Devastator’s arms and head for this custom. Although Starscream’s head seems to suit Menasor more than your previous gestalt, Menasor’s forearms weren’t part of the original gestalt kibble any more than his thighs.

All in all, Menasor is something of a disappointment and certainly not worth the three grand it went for. As much as I admire your plan to create customs for all the G1 gestalts, Menasor is more ‘miss’ than ‘hit’. I hope your next piece turns out better.

13. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    I'm just glad I don't insult someone else's criticism.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2008
  14. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    WTF do you expect? You took something awesome and tried to pick it apart piece by piece. Lets see some of the amazing work you have done since you must obviously be a pro. Do you really think you didnt come off as a douchebag? Expect more people to join in once they see your shitty remarks.

15. zfeakye

zfeakye Starscreaming Slut

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sorry...correction..i hope you're NOT gonna just make one Predaking....are you?

16. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

yeah glitcher, slag off seriously......

This thing was amazing in comparison to ANYTHING. i.e. just amazing

17. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    I love it when people retort with "let's see you do better". I don't need to prove myself to offer criticism about someone else's work. Does Roger Ebert need to make a movie for his reviews to be validated? Does IGN need to design a game before anyone listens to them? If you disagree with what I wrote, please, feel free to counter all the points you like. I'm all ears. But just calling me a douchebag is flaming. Post reported.

18. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

glitcher, tell me that if you didn't have a few extra thou lying around, you wouldn't get this. i love to just look at the pics in awe but i know i couldn't afford it. so instead of trying to point out minute flaws as a cover for not being able to afford it, i just admire it. alot of hard work probably went into it, so instead of (as my fellow tfw board members would say) "being a douchebag", try giving some constructive criticism rather than bashing criticism (edited).

19. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Okay, so now you're attributing an ulterior motive to my criticism? ¬_¬ You should know that I didn't even watch this, let along bid on it. I'm not saying the gestalt is worthless. I think $1'000 to $1'500 would have been a more reasonable price for it. Plus, FR picked some good TF's to kitbash. But like I said, the work has too many faults for me to really appreciate it. And there is advice in my criticism - certainly more than anyone else has offered - such as not being restricted by a G1 colour scheme, minimizing kibble and avoid reusing parts from older kitbashes. Hopefully FR will take these points into consideration when working on his next gestalt.

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ok guys knock it off with the trolling and flamebaiting.