Minor/Repaint: Custom Megatron with Murder Arm

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by deceptihunter, Apr 2, 2010.

1. deceptihunter

deceptihunter sssssmmmmokin!

Hey ya'll! Just finished my Meg's the other day. I hated the straight arm hasbro gave him so I did my own version of his arm. At max, this mod took me 15 minutes. I cut right behind the firing button for his missile and then glued on a joint I used from Movie 1 thundercracker's shoulder. Then, paint and clearcoat. That easy! Please comment! Constuctive criticism is appreciated. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice! Didn't think of using that shoulder piece as a joint. Looks great!

3. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

great job! makes the stock figure 10x better already!

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Great! I was waiting for somebody to do this claw mod. The plastic on Megatron's arm was obviously shapen to be like this, but they didn't put a joint into it!

Also nice that you added an elbow joint!

Looks good!

5. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

I didn't think that joint was going to be strong enough to hold up the mass of the murder arm. Great job. And it's just glued on huh? I may have to steal that idea...

6. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Fantastic plastic. Again, your match on the paint is dead on. And I really like the red highlights. The only thing might have been to go in with a larger tipped red permanent since it shows the strokes with the smaller tip. It's a minor thing, but as your photos improve, so do the details. (Which your photos have improved again btw)

Like I said, it's totally minor. But that arm, and what you did to change it.....it's awesome to see things like this that one can create with just simple detail changes, and the right sized parts.

I actually like that unlike a ball joint, it's something that can ratchet and still have full range of motion, with a lot less pressure applied to the spot. And it gives hope to fledgling customizers. Great job! :thumb