CUSTOM - Masterpiece Grimlock! - with 24 karat gold?!?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by frenzyrumble, Mar 15, 2009.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    CUSTOM - Masterpiece Grimlock! - with 23.5 karat gold?!?

Hey guys, I listed my customized Masterpiece Grimlock this evening. Please take a look and feel free to ask me any questions.

Here's the link

One thing that's cool about this custom...the gold is REAL! I gold leafed all the detail that you can see (not the chest) but the rings on the legs/arms, some stuff on his back and the claws. They came out ultra shiny.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  2. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Looks great! What leafing product did you use?

3. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

way to rip off the american people. I mean, is this custom really necessary? Buy it now for 1,000 dollars? I am sure you put time and money into this, but c'mon. I pitty the fool that buys this. With the current economics, why would someone pay 1,000 or even half that for a toy that was shined up with (real gold leaf). I am not trying to take away from your customization, it is just that it saddens me greatly when someone will pay so much for a toy. I buy toys, but will never put down so much for something like this.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    excuse me? I am not ripping anyone off, let alone "americans" - rofl, anyone in the world is free to bid on this. If anything, buying this would contribute to America's economy. The auction started at .01 cents. I've had a slew of requests for this to get customized, so here it is. I put "Buy it now" on all my auctions, why am I even replying to you?

5. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Not quite sure on the product, but the leaves say "Monarch" on them. I lay the size (clear adhesive) down and apply the lead to it when almost dry.

6. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

While this piece is not where my interests lie.......

I have seen your incredible work in the past, and look forward to seeing more in the future.

If I could afford it, I would consider commissioning a custom piece from you.

Someday, hopefully:) 

7. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

You need to give Grimlock a gold grill! :lol 

BTW, awesome work!

8. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

I always hope that the hasbro design team is following your work saying "we shoulda done that"; It's the details that count. keep innovating! Give thanks for enterprising americans who find a way to do what they love and still make coin.

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks. Well, it's been relisted, apparently someone reported my text for being inaccurate. New link in OP
    Really sucks, according to ebay customer support, my auction was reported and flagged by another user. Thing is, I try to abide by all of ebay's rules, and have never posted an outside link or personal email promoting my website.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  10. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome custom

11. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    You're re-selling a stolen sample bought in another country and you will probably use some of that money to buy even more stolen samples. Plus, you're probably not paying taxes on the money you make with customs... how is that helping America's economy?

12. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Well, to begin with I buy the majority of my supplies from local merchants. I also pay taxes, and bills to local companies.

13. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    We all do and we don't have to sell customs for that... :p 

Awesome custom nonetheless, would be nice if Takara was do a limited edition with real gold on it, much like Bandai SOC Gold Lightan.

14. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, I understand where you're coming from. But I am an American small business. Nothing better for America's economy then to support small businesses ;) 

15. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

yeah, it is nicely done.

16. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey Frenzy, ignore the fuckin haterade going on, sorry bout your listing being fucked with and i hope it goes for more that Defensor :D 

The moment that figure gets to your hand it's yours to do with as you please regardless of what anyone says. Keep doing what you do, cuz i love seeing the results.

17. talip

talip Active Member

Nice work...

I would love to get a custom Golden Lagoon Soundwave...!!!

18. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I appreciate the words and support.
    To be honest, the haters drive my motivation to improve. It is pathetic though that people will go out of their way to report a fellow fan's auctions. It's amazing how many rules I see broken on other ebay auctions....

I am considering gold plating an entire figure, no idea who yet though. possibly MP Prime and/or Megatron?

19. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

I've seen a bunch of your other customs frenzy rumble and was in awe. But on this one - it's hard for me to tell what's changed - the only thing that stands out to me was the piping/wiring right above the legs that were re-painted (very nicely obviously), but it's hard for me to tell what else was changed. I'm prolly just blind. Keep up the great work tho - LOVED inferno, but can't afford your stuff. But it inspired me to get the henkei classic inferno. =)

20. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yet AGAIN mike you do another imaginative thing from a great figure, cant wait to get my mp grimmy, and as for the haters - id put it down to jealousy that they have to work a day job and your work is something you love to do, id say that shows in the customs you do!