Non-TF: Custom Marvel Legends Style Joker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by whiskeytango, Sep 13, 2010.

1. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Now, I don't know who all here has ever had their hands on the DCD Hush Joker, but I think its about as close to a perfect comic style joker we've ever had in figure form. It has awesome proportions, a really cool hidden torso ball joint, and an awesome sculpt. However, it does have its problems. Being a DCD figure, the articulation pretty much sucks, his right hand is sculpted holding his gun, and though I understand the idea behind having an articulated mouth, it leaves him looking like a ventriloquist dummy. Actually, just in general I didn't really like the head sculpt. So I figured since this was going to be my first DC custom, I should aim for the fences. Whether or not the finished product got there is up for debate, but I'm very happy with this custom.

First things first, his face needed some work. I resculpted all of his features except for his mouth and his eyes, and trimmed some of his more wild looking tufts of hairs, specifically the ones that kind of looked like horns. His shoulders and upper biceps are from a joker thug figure, and his crotch, hips, and upper thighs are from an ML Patriot, sculpted to match his pleated pants. Also cut his feet off and bashed Patriots ankle swivels and rockers into them. I left the elf toe curl on his shoes, cause though they aren't really iconic or anything, I feel like they fit. Gave him a full repaint, and a second set of hands, and here he is!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BUT WAIT! Theres more.

I was born in '86, so needless to say, I was obsessed with Batman The Animated Series when it debuted in the early '90s. So, since I was trying to do something special with this figure anyways, I thought I'd pay homage to the look The Joker sported sometimes on the show, with his grey hat and over coat. Both his sets of arms fit firmly in the sockets, but pop in and out without any trouble. The trench coat arms are a touch looser, but with different peg sizes there wasn't a whole lot I could do about that. I figure he'll probably be sans the coat most of the time anyways, so it was more important to me that his regular arms fit perfectly. Also, both sets of his hands fit in either set of arms. I know the hat is a little oversized, but thats the price you pay for it being removable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Badass. This looks great.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I love this Joker figure. The elf toes fit, actually - they make him all the more like a jester. Great work! :thumb 

4. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Looks friggin awesome. Love the trench coat you gave him, because B:TAS is indeed the shit.

5. simonatmac

simonatmac The stop motion maker

Ebay:
    I´m a big fan of animated Batman too. I guess, the batmobile should be in the cellar somewhere...
    I should go and have a look...

Attached Files:

6. simonatmac

simonatmac The stop motion maker

Ebay:
  7. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

You really did a fantastic job on this! And I love the addition of the trenchcoat and hat. Great job!

8. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Freaking awesome. I think the 80's Blade Runner coat really comes across as the comic version of Nicholson.

9. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

god i want this!

i really want a good articulated joker but nothing looks good enough that i'll buy it. i would buy this in a heartbeat!

10. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome

11. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

Awesome job!