Repro/Sticker: Custom Legends Universe Hound Box!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PrimulArchangel, Jan 21, 2009.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys :) 

Good to see that Radicons is back up and running , looks very cool too..

I thought i would post my newest custom box up for you to check out. This one is a Legends Universe Hound G1 style-ish.. It is made to fit the plastic tray inside that hound comes in on the card. Display really nice in bot mode in the window.

Have a look and see what ya think :) .. Ill have some Stunticon boxes up later in the week or early next week as part of an on going comission i was asked to do.

Jazz and Megatron can be seen here http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...tom-universe-legends-jazz-megatron-boxes.html

Enjoy :) 

-Curt

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I do believe when I get some cash I'll be hitting you up for a bunch of legends boxes! This is pure awesomeness!:thumbs2: 

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    That is pretty cool. My only gripe is a lot of dead space on the front of the box. If it were mine, I'd have left the window off-center so you could eliminate that... and for the inside, just had a block of cardboard or styrofoam that went behind the artwork so it wasn't visible to fill in the space inside.

4. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah i tried a few other things to use up the space on the front but then it looked too cluttered so i went with a cleaner look so more attention goes to the figure in the window..
    I had to put the window where it is because of the shape of the plastic tray, it is off center pretty much and i didnt want to cut the plastic tray..
    But i dont undstand what ya mean for the cardboard, i cant see the box art on the inside of the box.. It may be showing a little in these pics because of the light from the monitor its sitting in front of. Or could be something reflecting off the window plastic..
    Also hound is a dark figure , and if becomes hard to se if there is a dark background behind him..

I may add a Logo to the front left corner or something or maybe the Universe logo...

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I meant, I'd have made the box wider, so you could rearrange where your boxart is, and thus eliminate having so much deadspace over the sides of the box. To use the extra space, I'd have cut a piece of cardboard or styrofoam to slide inside, behind the boxart, so the plastic tray stayed centered with the window.

6. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ahh i see what ya mean now.. If i made the box any bigger then it would have used more paper. Right now they use up 2 sheets of paper so if i had made it bigger then it would have used about 3 and half sheets.

I filled some of the space on my other legends boxes for Jazz and Megatron. You can see them here http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...tom-universe-legends-jazz-megatron-boxes.html