Minor/Repaint: Custom Leadfoot

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Mr. Chaos, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    First off, credit where credit is due: This was based on TCracker's brilliant Topspin to Leadfoot mod

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/415619-custom-dotm-leadfoot.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The figure required very little modding. While TCracker used Topspin, I used Armored Topspin, as his gray bits fit better with Leadfoot's coloring. Also, it meant I could keep the KOBALT TOOLS logo.

I removed most of the 'hair' from the figure's head, to give him a more rounded head. To get the roof to collapse correctly the pipes on Topspin were cut off. I then had to remove Topspins claws, and painted the cut marks. Finally, I removed two of the guns and moved the larger ones to the top (the smaller guns found a new home on my Skyhammer/Malleus Prime figure).

[​IMG]

Here he is with the Wreckers, to show how he differs from Topspin. Amazing how not extending the legs and altering the chest transformation can make him look so different.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, for people that own the Leadfoot deluxe figure, I would still suggest doing this to Armored Topspin, as the design is just different enough that, with a few tweaks, you could easilly make him a fourth (or fifth, depending if you have orange Roadbuster) Wrecker.

I do have a few minor paint mods in mind...perhaps a bit of white on the hood to replicate part of the Target logo, get some 41s on the doors...and if I could figure out how to give him a bald head without compromising the transformation (there is very little clearance when pushing the roof up), I will...but for now, I am VERY please with how he came out.

Attached Files:

2. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 Stop!..IN THE NAME OF LOVE

News Credits:
    Smart Execution! :D 

3. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Thanks. Shockingly, I actually think Leadfoot looks better than the official Topspin and Roadbuster...it's the mish-mash of colors, i think.

4. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    I just received Leadfoot in the mail a few days ago(it was so worth the $60, with a solid car mode and an accurate, if slightly fiddly, robot mode) but I think that this version of Leadfoot is incredibly innovative and creative on the part of the original customizer. Also a very good back pocket option as well.

I'm not really good with colors, but you're right with using the original Armored Topsin; looks really beautiful. I'd like to see a back shot to see how the backpack looks.

Are you going to add the missiles on the hood to make the car mode a little more accurate?

5. micky24

micky24 Well-Known Member

you can try it if you have topspin,w/o mods,ive also tried this but did not went all the way because back then we were all expecting the leadfoot mold.

6. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    I do have some weapon mods I am considering, and if I do them I will update.

7. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Doing this.

Question, do you think it would be possible to sand the hood smooth?

8. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

Damn you hasbro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

unique indeed.

10. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Very nice

11. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    The only problem you might run into is that the head has clear plastice in the back, so that might chip when you try to sand it smooth. I've thought about using sculpty clay to give him his chrome dome, but there is so little space for his head to slide through that I would need to be VERY careful when adding it.

I am currently working on adding elements of the Target logo and the race number. When done, I will post. I am also considering doing a mod to the guns, to make them look slightly different.

12. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Sweet! I've got an idea how to do his jet engines on the back, but want the hood to be as close to proper as I can.

13. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Make sure to pm me when you post yours...I love that this mod is evolving through different people (TCracker coming up with the idea, my use of the Armored Mold to make it more reflect the DOTM design...)