Heavy/Scratch: Custom Leader Class ROTF Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shandemia, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Shandemia

Shandemia Well-Known Member

Hi TFW members,

Attached here is my humble representation of a customized (movie appearance like) Megatron with an elbow that rotates 360 degrees, Cybertronian tatoos, battle damage, claws on his left arm and some rust here and there throughout his body all while maintaining it's transforming abilities and still shooting the missile from it's death arm.

I did not like how the original toy came out so i did a little tweaking of my own.

Hope you like it.

Attached Files:

2. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I want to do this to mine! Yours looks great, how long did it take you? What did you use for a primer?

3. Shandemia

It took me about a week. I don't have much time available for working on these toys.
    After washing the megatron figure with soap and water i airbrushed with faskolor fasblack paint cause afterwards i wanted to chrome this guy out using some Alclad II Laquer but instead i drybrushed the figure with some chrome enamel paint and for some reason it worked out fine for me.
    After completing the details i gave him 2 coats of crystal clear glaze with the airbrush.

4. decor1

decor1 Unknown Member

This is how leader megs should have been done by hasbro! How did you make that hand? I'm on the fence about getting this figure, because I'm hoping a better version comes out for TF3 and I'm not sure I could make a custom megs like that. Nice work:thumb 

5. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    That looks pretty kewlio dude!

6. Shandemia

Thanks Decor 1.
    I totally understand your reason of being on the fence on wether purchasing this leader class Megatron or not, he does look crappy with the light gray and black but once you do a little paint job on the guy he will definitely improve. And if you add some cybertronian tattos he will look even better.

I took the shoulders of a spawn cyber unit. The figure brings two of these claw like metallic fingers on it's shoulders that resemble ROTF Megatron's left hand claws.

You can find this figure in Ebay relatively cheap and all you have to do is cut of the two shoulder claws and you will have a set of two megatron hands to work with. All you have to do is super glue one of the claws into the left arm. The fingers move back and forth and it really ends up looking cool.

There is also the option of taking Transformers Movie 2007 Megatron's left arm and adjusting it into the ROTF Megatron but that of course would kill your 2007 Megatron figure and in my case i did not have a spair figure to work with so this option does it's justice better in my opinion.

Happy customizing.